Deckel FP2 - Looking for my first mill

I have been shopping for my first mill that I assumed would be a Bridgeport or clone. Came across the Deckel. Superb condition, original paint with very little wear, table has no pits or holes. I don't believe that it has been used much. Has verticle head, overarm for horizontal operation, tools, many collets etc.

I really like the look of this machine. This seems like a better alternative for my home shop needs.

A seach of Ebay didn't help me determine a value but I did find one newsgroup reference to one selling on Ebay for over $8,000. Is this a realistic value?

Thanks Doug

Reply to
doug

"doug" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Yes it is. It is also one _hell_ of a mill. Once you get used to using it...you won't go back to a bridgeport type. It has horizontal capability also, the head swings over to the side and you have a horizontal mill. Very versatile milling machine, and extremely capable.

Reply to
Anthony

Which Deckel? No matter which one..they are all have 4 digit..or more..price tags. Some of them are a bit odd to set up, but they are superb machines.

Gunner

Gunner

Sorry about that..I brain farted on the FP2 in the subject line.

Looking at the various FP-2s offered by dealers on the net...$5,000-10,000 seems to be the average price.

Gunner

Gunner

Definetly. Even here in Germany! Go buy it. You will never regrett having bought a Deckel. If you have it, don't be worried, it is a bit noisy (in the head).

Nick (FP1, built 1946)

Reply to
Nick Müller