disassembly of 20-yr old Electric Fry Pan (?)

just bot this at a resale shop and wondering about taking the thermostat "jack" off from the fryer body. it is just a shroud, protecting the contacts for the thermostat and is attached w/two #8 or 10 ss screws into an aluminum substrate.

my concern is breaking or striping the female thread. the crud built up around the shroud is my problem/reason. not pretty, but can be lived with (the fryer gets up to 400F). this is a Farbeware

12" unit.

a cursory test shows that these units do indeed hold a close temp range, good for many things beyond cooking (like rod storage, but for wire). thanks! --Loren

Reply to
Loren Coe