Do I have any hope of selling "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDM machines

We used a diamond point on a Moore G18 grinder set to orbital but only if the hole had a favorable diameter to length ratio.

For deep holes, while I suppose you could use a sinker, there's still that pesky surface finish problem to deal with, and so I'd imagine hollow round sintered carbide blanks are probably available for making things like wire-drawing dies, but that's something I have zero experience with.

And you'd probably be right.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

For those that dont know what we are talking about....

such tools have been around for half a century or longer and works just fine.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

LOL..its typically (in the old units)...simply 60 cycle voltage that vibrates the electrode. Its not exactly EDM..but similar.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

you got it correct. It works the same way...but the new stuff is done electronically. rather than mechanically.

And the newer ones have auto feed.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ive bought and sold them for $250-500

Shrug...maybe he will get it...and maybe not. Depends on age and condition

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Absolutely correct.

Ive cut holes in hardened D2 in just a couple minutes

Makes it easy to put grips on a D2 knife blade.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I wonder how many sales they lost with that narrator and music...

Cool tools, fer sher.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Probably very few. Folks in the biz dont pay much attention to anything but the demo itself

Reply to
Gunner Asch