Dodge Caravan Rear Door

My wife drives the above car and is having increasing trouble closing the rear (lift) door. Between arthritis and fibromyalgia (sp?) she can't pull it down without difficulty.

Is it possible to retrofit an electric lift to the door? She is mumbling about buying a new van just to get the electric option but the total cost it pretty high.

Any other thoughts on the problem are welcome.

thanks,

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

One thing to try would be to find an outfit that retrofits cars for folks in wheelchairs, etc., and see if you can have just that part of the conversion done.

Or, you could just challenge one of the folks here with "I'll bet you can't..."

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

This might do it.

Tom Gardner

Reply to
JR North

Not knowing what the hatch looks like, I'm also thinking you might change the attach point of struts to change leverage ratio.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch