Does someone need a new toolpost but no holders?

Here's what I'm thinking: Phase II BXA toolholders average ~$53 ea. I can buy a Phase II piston BXA set with 5 holders for $119.95 from Enco. If I just threw the toolpost away (which I would never do) I get the toolholders for $23.99 ea.

But surely someone on here has toolholders but could use another quick-change toolpost for their second (or third...etc.) lathe.

So would anyone be interested in a new Phase II BXA piston toolpost? For what, $35 plus shipping? I haven't ordered the set yet but if someone would like to buy the toolpost I will.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riggins

cdco.com for about 18.00 ea per toolholder in the bxa but then chinese stuff

Reply to
jay s

Child Development Centre of Oakville?

Nothing found at .org .net or .info either.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riggins

I've bought over 18 BXA tool holders on e-bay from 2 different places for less than 15.00 each in the last year. The boring bar holder and the knurling tool holder are higher but the tooling holders and the tooling/boring bar combination are cheap. Dick

Reply to
Dick

Probably these guys:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I'll buy it. A friend gave me a bunch of BXA holders when he got out of the trade. I have an AXA set on my 12" Clausing that I find to be too small.

Reply to
syoung

Might you be interested in selling the AXA. I have a S.B. Heavy 10 that might be right for it.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

I have one person with a timestamp earlier than yours via email. If they do not want it then you can have it.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riggins

Are you still interested in the toolpost? If so, I'll go ahead and order the set from Enco. The first person that emailed me has one spare already and was kind enough to let it go to you if you want it.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riggins

Still interested, yes. Email me please with your price.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

Duh. Just went back and reread the original post.

$35 plus postage. Email me your address and I will send out the $$$.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

Yes, I'll buy it from you.

Reply to
syoung

Yes, I'd be interested in selling the set. I should say it is an AXA sized set, not a genuine Aloris set. It's a chinese piston type copy. Works fine for my needs - just too small.

Reply to
syoung

I believe you wanted syoung's AXA tool post. Not the BXA I've ordered.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riggins

Great. I've ordered the set from Enco a few minutes ago. I suppose my order will get here around the end of the week and then we'll take it from there. My email address is valid if you have any questions.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riggins