does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend

i am trying to resolve a matter, does a 10l southbend carriage fit a 9 southbend. what is the difference.

Reply to
Asp3211968

Carriage is the same, only difference is the compound rest is taller. JohnL

Reply to
John Lovallo

I'm far from the expert on this, but my understanding is that the 10K and the 9" are practically the same, but the 10L (heavy) is more similar to the 13".

Dave Young

Reply to
Dave Young

The 10L is the *heavy* ten. A carriage for that machine will NOT fit something like a 9" model A.

There were at one time so-called 'heavy nines' but I have no idea if parts are interchangeable between that and a 10L.

I think there is a great deal more interchangeability between the 10K (so-called light ten) and the 9" machines. I don't know if the carriages will swap right over, although there's some chance they might.

Jim

jim rozen

ok i check it out and what i found is that the 10l will not fit your common 9" it will fit what is called a 9r.

Reply to
Asp3211968

9R = so called 'heavy 9' but those are pretty rare

jim rozen