Dumbwaiter project gone bad

The glassware is for chemical processing equipment. The nature of the process requires height. The glass is cleaned between runs so it comes down and goes back up. We run 4 units like this. The materials used include a significant quantity of liquid mercury.

I wish we could, but it is physically impossible.

I found another vendor and the spec package will go out to him today

Thanks for your reply,

Bob

Reply to
Bonza

Hi TMT, One vendor was loaded with work, another 2 said that it was thir standard unit only. 2 more I had trouble getting the spec package to via email, so I am burning CD's and mailing today. I was sending an e-drawing that we generated in solidworks and their firewall bounced it. We found another vendor yesterday afternoon and will be sending a spec package to them as well

I started to, but have not finished building or erecting anythng. We can cut our losses without loosing much.

Thanks. We'll keep at it

Reply to
Bonza

Or, the effort involved in checking his design is too expensive. A lot of companies have standard designs that they mod/embellish for the job and the design costs have been well amortised/writen off.

Reply to
Terry Collins

Oh well. I guess he never did survive it's operation.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I'm having a hard time figuring out what would be an "elevator" and what wouldn't. (Anything that lifts something up is an elevator, when you think about it.) Would a scissor lift get rejected, even if you bought it from a commercial vendor?

The only other idea I have (and I guess others have suggested it) is a vertical conveyor, like buckets (or boxes) going up full on one side, and coming down empty on the other. If they were on gimbals you woudn't have to worry about the contents ever tipping out, as long as you kept the CG low enough. Such a beast could be completely loaded at one end, until all the boxes were full, and completely emptied at the other end by just having a pair of start and stop buttons at each end. You could add whatever interlocks you need to keep it from being started when the gate is open. I'm also picturing lots of empty space in the hollow shaft so if something did start up when it shouldn't a person would have room enough to move out of the way.

Are you going to have two people to load and empty this thing, or are you just trying to minimize trips upstairs by the one person that must load it?

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence