Dumore # 11 Belt?

Where do you guys get belts for Dumore Tool Post grinders? I've been checking ebay but haven't seen any belts for sale. A google search came up with a Dumore accessory kit for some ungodly amount of money, but all I need is a belt. TIA

Reply to
ATP

I have bought several from our local bearing/industrial power transmission supplier. They have to order the belts, but it only takes a day or two. Not real cheap, but a lot cheaper than Dumore.

Interestingly, the wholesale supplier or the belt OEM apparently slices the belts from what looks like a long tube. I once ordered a 3/4 wide belt and ended up with a 34 inch wide belt (at 20 or 30 times the expected price.) The local supplier quickly corrected the problem.

Mill

Reply to
MP Toolman

Thanks. Did they need a sample belt or did they know by model #?

Reply to
ATP

MSC or

handles those also.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Hi, You will need to know the belt width and length (loop circumference.) They will likely have no idea what a Dumore grinder is.

Mill

Reply to
MP Toolman

Try Wm. Sopko in Cleveland, OH. Phone 216 289 1400 They know Dumore!!

Reply to
angus

Wm. Sopko can get you anyhting for a Dumore grinder. I just got a belt, a pulley and an owners manual from them.

1-216-289-1400 they are in Ohio

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to