Ebay - private listing?

On 7/8/2013 7:02 PM, Ignoramus19720 wrote: ...

Well, yes, I never claimed otherwise...the broker was the de facto owner prior to the sale in that he got the machine in question in return for new ones as trade in.
Altho I still am certain that under some restriction placed upon him as a broker he was required to have a current prior to selling a machine as operational. I never claimed that was an OSHA requirement, only that it was the OSHA reg compliant inspection. I simply used it as an offsite way to get some assurance the machine was functional to the point a recognized vendor who did such inspections as part of their business was willing to place their signature on it. I can go dig up the form and scan it if you would like. :)
As said, the requirement on the broker re: a sale may have been from their insurance, a corporate edict (he was an employee of a nationwide distributor, not independent) or some other--that part I may have had confused. That he distinctly told me that and that I have the inspection report dated the week the lift was listed I am not confused about. :)
I'm not saying and haven't ever said you're required to do same nor that you have any responsibility beyond that you've stated. Again all I was trying to do was to illustrate how I evaluated and made the decision to "pull the lanyard" on that piece of gear w/o seeing it beforehand.
What we have here seems to be a "failure to communicate"... :)
On 7/8/2013 1:02 PM, Ignoramus19720 wrote: ...

OK, I finally found the reference -- it's not in the 29 CFR 1926 where I thought it would be so was looking in wrong places...
The following can be found in ?Section 6 ? Responsibilities of Owners? in the ANSI Manual of Responsibilities. As noted, this is made part of OSHA reg's by inclusion.
Section 6.7 ANNUAL INSPECTION The owner of an aerial platform shall ensure that an annual inspection is performed on the aerial platform no later than 13 months from the date of the prior annual inspection. The inspection shall be performed by a person(s) qualified as a mechanic on the specific make and model of the aerial platform. The inspection shall include all items specified by the manufacturer for an annual inspection.
Section 6.15 RECORD RETENTION 6.15.1 Record Retention. The owner shall date and retain the following records for at least 4 years: (1) Name and address of the purchaser of each aerial platform by serial number and date of delivery; (2) Written records of the frequent and annual inspections and repairs performed. The record shall include deficiencies found, corrective action accomplished and identification of the person(s) performing the inspection and repairs. (3) Written records of repairs accomplished and identification of the person(s) performing the repairs.
I also dug out the inspection form supplied by the broker and it was, in fact an up-to-date annual inspection and included a couple of repaired items I'd forgotten about--replacement of the foot-operated interlock and the tilt indicator lamp.
On 7/8/2013 12:11 PM, dpb wrote:

I'll add I've never sold anything so from that standpoint I'm probably not fairly addressing issues. I've not wanted the self-hassle of having to ship stuff to the point that I just let it sit rather than try to sell it (if can't by making a phone call to the local "Radio-Bay" morning call-in show, anyway. One advantage of small town is that these kinds of local shows are still on and folks listen to 'em :) ).
But, I'm not trying to make a living moving stuff, either...I'm sure it's a hassle but a lot of people seem to be doing pretty well by it.
Jon Elson wrote:

E-Bay is pretty low on my ratings, perhaps a 6 out of 10. Pay-Pal is now 100% blacklisted with me and I will only ever use as a "guest" and only then if I can't just mail a check and wait.
As a buyer my experiences have all been pretty positive and even just the past month or so I go some really good deals. I've also done a fair number of direct from China buys and have yet to have a single issue, not even slow delivery.
I don't sell much, so limited experience there, but the few sales I've made have been uneventful.
Rex wrote:

It's to hide the identity of the buyer, to get people to bid on something they don't want people to know they bought. You didn't give an item number. Are you ashamed for people to know what you were looking at? I've even seen listings like that for electronic components, they are nothing new.
On Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:21:01 PM UTC-5, Michael Terrell wrote:

This was a plastic gear for a garage door opener, dozens of identical gears listed. The winning bid was made days before my snipe bid, but did not appear until the auction ended.
Rex wrote:

Did the bidder use a different snipe program? It's all in the details, and the timing.