Embossing Question

I have a bookstore and am being asked by people about getting their Bibles embossed with family/owner name. can anyone direct me where to get info on getting this done. Or is there technology (other than embossing powder) that will allow me to do this for them!

GodSpace Claudia

805-777-7177 Catholic Bookstore in Conejo Valley
Reply to
Claudia Satori

"Claudia Satori" wrote: (clip) Or is there technology (other than embossing powder) that will allow me to do this for them! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Actually, embossing powder sound to me like a winner. I used to put my signature on the fly leaf of some of my books that way. There is also a way to do it with metal "stencils" that you rub, but that would be very slow.

It is possible to do nice looking foil stamping with hot type.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Get them screenprinted. I have done many that way.

Reply to
daniel peterman

Check with some local job printers or book binders. Foil embossing is done with type set in a heated stick, or fancier machines work like a printing press. One shot jobs only involve resetting the new name in type metal. The embossing foil is sold by printing supply companies. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs