EU Court Legalizes Reverse Engineering Of Software

About dam time!

But it will never happen here. Bill won't let it.

Reply to
Richard

Not sure Bill has the control you think he has.

Reply to
jon_banquer

Reverse engineering has been around a long time. Not just in Europe. There are probably dozens of approaches used to keep out of court. It's not the end result that is protectable, it's the way you get there. In reverse engineering (as I see it) the designers are purposely kept away from the "how to" and have to work backwards from the "what does it do"? Else we'd have only one automobile manufacturer and one computer company in each country, wouldn't we?

Pete Stanaitis

Pete S