Florida resident discovers new way to get Angelina Jolie lips

There are reasons not to move south. Here are two of them:

Cottonmouths don't appreciate affection:

Bullets ricochet off of armadillos:

Ed Huntress

Jim Wilkins

We're still after him. But it's dangerous down there in the Pines -- the woods are overrun with barefoot Republicans playing banjos...

Ed Huntress

Way more frightening is the State Assemblyman who, in 2005, wanted to chang e the name of the New Jersey Devils hockey team because:

"I've always cringed when people say they're going to see the Devils," said Stanley, a deacon at Newark's Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church. "The me rchandise, the paraphernalia is based on the actual demonic devil. Personal ly, it causes a little bit of an issue with me."

nge_x.htm

Yes, there really are people who are that stupid.

Reply to
rangerssuck

They live mostly in south Jersey. Note the areas marked "Pineys...Pineys everywhere," and "Ghetto in the Woods":

Ed Huntress

When I was there it was overrun with disgruntled draftees carrying assault rifles.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

ange the name of the New Jersey Devils hockey team because:

aid Stanley, a deacon at Newark's Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church. "The merchandise, the paraphernalia is based on the actual demonic devil. Perso nally, it causes a little bit of an issue with me."

ap-of-new-jersey-ever

Yeah but this map shows that I live in "Christie Country," so it's somewhat flawed.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Well, it's probably a bit out of date, and it's too broad-brush, but it's really pretty good overall. I live where it says "Indians," which is quite true. And I was born in "Pretty Much Alabama," which also is accurate.

"McMansions" is where Bruce Springsteen lives -- true. "Springsteen Country" is where he hung out, not where he lives. "Italian Guys in Wife Beaters" is skewed too far down Island Beach, but it does cover where they film "Jersey Shore."

"Canadians and Philly Trash" used to be true, but it's gentrified these days, like Hoboken.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I can't find a section on that map marked "Gun owner friendly".

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

"Pretty Much Alabama" in the southwest, and "Rednecks" in the northwest are gun-tolerant. And there are lots of guns in the Pines, although they aren't necessarily friendly toward anyone. There are still pockets in there that look like a scene from "Deliverance."

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I see a lot of distance between "gun-tolerant" and "Gun owner friendly". Must be at least the distance between Wisconsin and New Jersey. This reminds me why I avoid the state when I have to go East.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

And where are you going that you have to avoid NJ going east, David? The Atlantic Ocean, or gun-friendly New York City? d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Nowhere anymore, my friend in Boston moved to Spokane.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Well, you shouldn't have gone through NJ from WI to get to Boston in any case. That would be pretty stupid -- you then have to go through NYC or Westchester, when you had a much better and faster route across I-80 to I-81 and I-84, north of NJ.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The specific occasion I was thinking about was so long ago that I was hitchhiking. When you hitch, you go where the ride takes you. I got out before NJ, went north through Pennsylvania, ended up in Albany where I went south to Poughkeepsie, west through Springfield to BossTown.

I seldom ended up with a direct route, although I once went from Daytona Beach to Milwaukee in one ride.

I was doing a lot of low profile traveling at the time.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Up to Albany, and then back down again to "Keepsie"? Jesus. Somebody should have given you a map.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I had several. As I said, when you hitch, you go where the ride takes you. If you're going east and the traffic at the interchange is going north, you go north to where you find traffic headed east.

It can be a leisurely mode of transportation. I got a ride from Albany to "Keepsie" with a nuclear engineer. We talked about the Chicago Fermi pile, SCRAM and Karen Silkwood.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch