Flotec pumps where to buy?

Hi All,

I urgently need an FP3242 (1-1/12 HP) deep well (300ft) submersible pump. Anyone have a favorite place to buy from?

I believe Flotech and Sta-Rite are one and the same????

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

So your pressure switch didn't do the trick, eh? Take failing pressure for what it is - a warning that you need to think about his (pump replacement) and not have to be in quite such a hurry.

As far as I recall either brand is not exactly what you want to put down a well you find difficult to pull yourself. Or any other you aren't in the process of moving away from before it fails. What's your static level and required flow? Due to a mis-statement of my well's flow rate, I can tell you that an 8GPM 3/4 hp Myers will pump all the way up from

300 feet at 5gpm and 40 psi - then it runs out of water (here). That's techically off the curve for it, though.

However, if your pump sits at 300 feet and is in water, you are not pumping from 300 feet unless/until you pump dry (as I've done, becasue my well flows more like 1/2 gmpm and I sized my pump for 5 gpm claimed.) So you might be on-curve to use a 3/4 and save a few bucks on both pump and power, if your static level is up around 250 or more.

FYI, the 1hp Myers ($491) will give you the same GPM (7 for 30/50) from

300 feet that your 1-1/2 hp Flotec does (and it will be on-curve down to 350 feet, which your flotec won't) - so consider changing brands to save a bundle on your power bill (and just possibly enjoy longer life from a better pump, IMHO.)

Just a happy customer.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Hi,

Thanks for the information, some of which I can't follow but will read the posting a few more times. The Furnas pressure switch is working fine, but the pump pressure is still dropping about 1-psi every thee days.

I isolated the pressurizing accumulator so that the pump is delivering straight to an outlet. Interestingly enough, I still have 6gpm open flow. When I turn the outlet off, it takes about 10 minutes (without the accumulator) for the pressure to build to cut out at 32-psi.

My static water level is at 231-ft. The well is 315-ft and perforations 260-ft to 315-ft. Measured free flow discharge at installation with the pump at 235-ft was 20-gpm according to the well test report dated Nov. '99.

I have just found the original Flint and Walling installation instructions for the pump at 300-ft and it shows 7.3-gpm at 20-psi discharge and does not give a figure for 40-psi discharge. The 40-psi discharge figure is for 250-ft and nothing beyond that. The F&W pump has been quoted at $1026.

Looking at the Myer pumps they do seem to be a lot less expensive and with a better warranty but I am unsure on how to compare what I had here when it was all working correctly. Also found the instructions for the Well-Mate 87 gallon accumulator so not sure where the 200- gallon comes in that was stated to me.

I will call Myers Monday. I used the term "Urgently" as I need to get one here quickly so that the well-guy who thinks it is just a split pipe can replace the pump if it has to be pulled all the way to the top. If it is as he suspects a split near the top, I will keep the old pump down there until it dies. It seems like the split may be at the top as the water flows immediately (accumulator isolated) so it may not be far down from the top check-valve and cheap to repair for the short term.

Thanks for the help. For the time being I still have water. :)

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

I'm not a well expert, but is it possible a bunch of sand has gotten loose and is destroying your pump? If so, it will trash the new pump you put in.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson