PKT breakthrough

The PKT (professional kitten tamer), Julie, has just had a breakthrough in the kitten taming profession.

The hard part has always been catching the kittens right about weaning from the mom cat time. They know how to scurry away underneath all the stuff in the barn. She just got a live trap and started using canned tuna bait. First get them coming to the tuna then put the trap out.

Julie caught two hissing razor blades yesterday and already is petting one of the kitties the morning. This will be kitties twelve and thirteen this year. And she already has a good future owner waiting for them.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

^^^^^ servant

Reply to
Pete C.

Dogs have masters . Cats have staff .

Reply to
Snag

Perhaps the approach should be to put the momma cat in a cage that the kittens can enter but momma can't exit. That way she could snag them at a younger age to acclimate them to human contact.

Roger Shoaf

Reply to
RS at work

Its the wild momma cats that give the PKT trouble. The tame mommas get extra nice food (fresh yellow tail snapper - sushi) in exchange for letting the PKT near the young litter.

The two kittens she just caught are offspring of "Wild Thing". We never see these kittens till they are completely weaned. This darn cat averaged eight kittens a year.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

We were able to seduce our wild momma cat with food, at least to the point where she'd let us get close to the kittens (trapping her and getting her spayed kinda set back the program, but it needed to be done).

But that can't be done with every cat -- there's a good chance that this one had some human contact early.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Dear diary,

My wife is great. She managed to trap some more kittens for the neigbor's dog to slaughter.

Said wife and myself repect the natural breeding rights of animals under our control, like Gummer raising puppies from anything that is capable of giving birth, in his junkyard.

Life is grand when you learn to do what's right.

Reply to
Wild_Bill