PKT breakthrough

The PKT (professional kitten tamer), Julie, has just had a breakthrough in the kitten taming profession.
The hard part has always been catching the kittens right about weaning
from the mom cat time. They know how to scurry away underneath all the stuff in the barn. She just got a live trap and started using canned tuna bait. First get them coming to the tuna then put the trap out.
Julie caught two hissing razor blades yesterday and already is petting one of the kitties the morning. This will be kitties twelve and thirteen this year. And she already has a good future owner waiting for them.
Karl
Karl Townsend wrote:

^^^^^ servant
Pete C. wrote:

Dogs have masters . Cats have staff .
--
Snag
Learning keeps
Karl Townsend wrote:

Perhaps the approach should be to put the momma cat in a cage that the kittens can enter but momma can't exit. That way she could snag them at a younger age to acclimate them to human contact.
Roger Shoaf
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:30:19 -0700 (PDT), RS at work

Its the wild momma cats that give the PKT trouble. The tame mommas get extra nice food (fresh yellow tail snapper - sushi) in exchange for letting the PKT near the young litter.
The two kittens she just caught are offspring of "Wild Thing". We never see these kittens till they are completely weaned. This darn cat averaged eight kittens a year.
Karl
On 10/16/2010 05:22 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

We were able to seduce our wild momma cat with food, at least to the point where she'd let us get close to the kittens (trapping her and getting her spayed kinda set back the program, but it needed to be done).
But that can't be done with every cat -- there's a good chance that this one had some human contact early.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services