Tortoise mounting breakthrough

Well, that sounds nice and all, but Tortoise machines aren't perfect and can (rarely) fail. How does one remove a glued Tortoise if one has to without breaking it?

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

I mounted mine with just the tape on 1x3 (really 3/4 x 2 3/4) pine. They've been up for 6 months now with nary a hint of movement. And they can be pulled off the pine if necessary (I had to pull one for the reason that I messed up and it wasn't aligned correctly) and it does not damage the Tortoise at all. The tape residue was easily removed (by rubbing) and the whole thing reused.

I did coat the pine mounting strips with a gloss wood sealer so the tape would stick. Foam tape on raw wood is a weak bond. If one wants to insure a better bond, how about using the tape as suggested, then putting in a couple of wood screws in opposite corners to prevent it pulling away at all no matter what.

Ed

in article RmGCd.53897$ snipped-for-privacy@fe06.lga, Frank A. Rosenbaum at snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote on 1/4/05 4:09 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

Hi Frank,

Frank A. Rosenbaum schrieb:

The first two years i sold my servo-based switch machines i recommended a heavy duty cohesive strip as the only mount. Its a removable strip by tearing it aside, supplier is Tesa, a german company. I know from my customers, that they had no problems with this mounting if the surface was prepared properly, i.e. not raw wood. The new version has a mounting bracket but still uses a tape to fix the servo during mounting.

Regards, Kurt

Reply to
Kurt Harders