For the nutter who has everything (metalworking content

Wash. -- Chris Kirk found his downtown Olympia apartment encased in aluminum foil when he returned home Monday night from a trip to Los Angeles. The walls, ceiling, cabinets and everything in between shimmered, after the prank orchestrated by Kirk's longtime friend, Luke Trerice, 26, who was staying in the apartment while Kirk was away. (01/06/04 AP photo) No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

I used to abhor weapons. Now I just abhor violence. I think that's growth in the right direction.

My latest customer is a cowboy action shooter. I'm doing a wad press dowel in

3/4-16 threaded nylon for him. My thanks to Craftech for a sample. I've milled the thread end, faced the end by grinding with silicon carbide paper on the little disk sander, and center drilled the end, all on the Unimat One. I countersunk (countersinked) the end on the drill press. It remains to turn the end to clear the primer pocket. A little larger and deeper countersink might do that. I might have to cast-model and measure the inaccessible primer pocket.

I agree.

I think you have written, Gunner, people who abhor weapons have a judgment problem. Or something like that.

It is possible, however, to maintain a pacifistic attitude without adopting a submissive posture. Assertiveness training is key in that combination.

I apologize for going OT on your sig. I really enjoyed working on the press dowel and it was on my mind. I just had to write about it a bit.

Yours, Doug Goncz ( ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/incoming ) Student member SAE for one year. I love: Dona, Jeff, Kim, Mom, Neelix, Tasha, and Teri, alphabetically. I drive: A double-step Thunderbolt with 657% range.

Reply to
Doug Goncz

Indeed. I abhor violence as well. Particularly violence directed at me and mine. Responding to violence in any fashion that is likely to NOT stop said violence is not only counter productive, but encourages future violence that may again be directed at ones self or another innocent. IE..if you do not stop, or have the means to stop that person offering violence, they simply continue to offer violence.

Freud said that people whom have a fear of weapons exhibit signs of sexual and emotional immaturity.

True. And may work fine up to the moment you encounter an individual who simply doesn't give a shit about how assertive you are, and bashes in your skull with a bit of rebar. Even the British Bobbies, famed for shouting "Halt, or I shall shout Halt again" keep a squad car with fully automatic weapons on hand.

Assertiveness is marvelous, as long as you have the means to back it up.

Very cool. Feel free to communicate anytime you wish.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner wrote: [snip]

Gunner, please take it to another group or put it in a sig.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

Hmm. I'm reminded of the Red Hot Chili Peppers on stage.

Tim

Tim Williams

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 03:28:21 -0500, "Tim Williams" calmly ranted:

Or Linda Blair's Exorcist scene which sounded something like "Your mother sews socks that smell."?

- Schnazzy Tees online

Larry Jaques