FS Case 580B Backhoe

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe. Runs good, doesn't burn oil, digs good. Located in Du Quoin, IL, about 90 miles SE of St Louis, MO. Asking $7000. Comes with parts manuals and operator manuals. Some new hoses. Shuttle work good but brakes aren't very good. Some cylinders leak around the rod seal but I get several digs before needing to add fluid, so I haven't repacked them so far. Not what you'd consider tight but it worked well for the jobs I used it for. Open Roll Over Protecton.

Asking $7000.

RogerN snipped-for-privacy@wildblue.net

Reply to
RogerN

Why are you trying to sell a backhoe in this group?

Try eBay.

Reply to
John Doe

If it's made of metal and works that would seem to be close enough to me to be "on topic". It's a lot closer to the mark than lots of screed in here.

Vernon

If you've been here for at least a year, you saw Google Groups spammers flood USENET (and it's still happening on a smaller scale). The problem with spam even among regulars trying to sell on topic stuff is that it can lead to everyone trying to outsell the other.

The improperly labeled, crossposted, and controversial off-topic stuff is from people who have personal problems. There isn't a lot of competition for being a troll and/or a kook like that.

Reply to
John Doe

I did use the front end loader to lift a metal lathe off the bed of my truck. It may also work well for getting machines in and out of the basement. :-)

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Why O Why would you sell your backhoe? Unless you already have two. A backhoe loader is the most useful piece of outside equipment there is. Most fun too. I'm not selling mine. Ever. Unless I already have a second one. If you were closer, I might buy yours and then sell mine. I've only got a ford tractor and sherman hoe.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I sold my backhoe (Deere 500C), but I did get a nice little Kubota tractor (B7100DT) with loader and other attachments to replace it. I still miss the capabilities of the big 'un, but the Kubota is more appropriate for my current needs.

Reply to
Pete C.

It also might be a good DIY project for some metal worker. So this would be the ideal group to advertise in. ;-)

Reply to
Al Patrick

You have Jefferson's wife?

Reply to
ATP*

Backhoe's are somewhat better than even sliced bread. Unfortunately right now I'm in a position where I have to work overtime to make ends meet. If I could sell the backhoe now, pay off debt, and buy another backhoe after I'm better on my feet, I think it would be helpful. But it's like you said, they are so useful that I don't know the I could ever be "done" with it. I may be more disappointed if I sell it than if I don't.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

That's why my brother can't find a reasonably priced backhoe for his Ford tractor. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:25:11 -0500, the infamous "RogerN" scrawled the following:

Why not rent yourself out on it to make extra cash instead of selling it, Roger?

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Probably the cost of liability insurance, and the hassle of insuring the local "call before you dig" gets called and utilities marked before doing any work.

Reply to
Pete C.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:54:25 -0500, the infamous "Pete C." scrawled the following:

Oh, yeah, do call the DIG number. It's 811 here and the service is free.

I'm paying "only" $900/yr for 1 million dollar liability. The CSing MFing BASOBs at one bond agency nailed me for a grand the first year. I found another agency last year and they charged me only $80, or $200 for 3 year bond. The bond requirement just doubled this year so I had to give them some more money last month when I renewed my license and insurances. It was a $1,700 month. Ouch!

BUT, if you have more than half a dozen jobs every year, it would more than pay for itself. It can't hurt to call some business insurance agents in your town, eh?

Alternatively, give the hoe to me! I'll consider it a very nice early Christmas present. (_Thanks_, Roger!)