FS: Fosdick 24" Drill Press

Large Fosdick drill press. I haven't measured exactly so most measurements are estimations.

The table is about 30" square. I would say it is 24" spindle center. Stands about 8' tall to the top. 8 speed belt drive machine. Table is adjustable to yield at least 30" under the spindle. 12" spindle travel.

MT3 with a Jacobs 18N chuck.

Currently has a 3hp 3ph motor, but that could be changed pretty easily.

Heavy. Dont' know but would guess it's around 1500lbs. It made a big Case skidloader grunt, so it's in that neighborhood.

It's more drill press than what I need. I already have a nice 20". It would be nice to hang on to, but it's an extra.

Located in SE MN. I would like to get $300 for it. Depending on where you are, delivery may be possible(meaning if I happen to be going your way in the next while I could bring it along).

Dont' have pictures yet, but going to try to get some taken this weekend.

JW

Reply to
jw

JUST WHAT I"M LOOKING FOR!!!!

When can I come get it?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

One of these days I'm going to have to put a pic of the Cincinnati Bickford 28" Super Service drill press I traded for. It's 3100lbs, #4 Morse taper, low of 60rpm, power feed, gear drive, 7 1/2HP 3phase, etc. Sweet is all I can say about it. :-)

Reply to
Wayne Cook

I'm still pissed at the kid. He was at an auction where they had a radial arm drill with a six foot arm. Went for $160. He said thought he should bid after it was over.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Ouch. At that price it would be worth it even if you had to pay riggers (likely with a drill that size).

I used a 4' arm 13" column American Hole Wizard radial drill at my former job. It was sweet. I'd love one now if the price was right (though I'd have to add on to the shop to make it fit).

Reply to
Wayne Cook

And I will have to take some pictures of the canedy otto that I traded him the bickford for. ( I bought the cincinnati bickford from one picture using a phone for bidding. I said that looks like a nice 500 lb 6 ft drill press. Right..........Dang thing wouldnt even under the overhead door of my shop.)

Reply to
bill

Need an American Continental? 8' arm?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

That's more than a bit big for me. I know a guy who really wants a radial drill but shipping would be a killer for something that size.

Reply to
Wayne Cook

Its only 12' high and about 13' long.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

and probably weighs about 20,000 lbs. :-)

Reply to
Wayne Cook