FS metalworking equipment

Not all of this stuff is for sale (I will keep some things such as 5C collets and one indexer, R8 flycutters, maybe one vise, some end mills, etc), a lot of this stuff is going to go on sale, prices are

25% below ebay.

Ignoramus5083

So, your wife won't let you keep all the auction stuff! You have to learn to bring it in at night when she won't see it. Probably need a better place to store it, also. Do you have room to build a storage building in the backyard?

Looks like pretty nice stuff!

Good luck, Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

Thanks... Good insights on the wife issue, though in reality I would not need 7 vises, etc, anyway. Nor would I need a 12"x12"x17" EDM graphite block. Or 30 lbs of Allen wrenches.

I do have a small backyard storage shed (built by myself), actually, I will put some of the for sale stuff there.

I will also try to learn to use the 5C indexer and square and hex 5C collet holders. I am glad that I bought them. There is also a nice Efem tapping head (or tap holder) that looks like it will be perfect for Bridgeport based tapping.

Ignoramus5083

Hey Iggy,

How much for all the wheels as Item 274? If we make a deal, I'd ask for them to be shipped to ZIP 48146 in the south of Detroit, Michigan, area.

I'm less interested, but only slightly, in some of the other stuff, but let's hear about the wheels first.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

How much for box #369?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan

$60 plus $9 shipping.

Whatever fits with them into a flat rate box, will be the same shipping charge.

Ignoramus5083

What are you asking for the long vernier calipers?

A critical point is reached when you have accumulated so much stuff that it is hard for SWMBO to realize that there are new piles lying around .

I'm not familiar with Efem, but have used Procunier tapping heads and like them quite a bit. They might be more forgiving for the novice than the Tapmatic heads.

Reply to
Mike Henry

I could use a good milling vise, mine is a bit tired. Can one of those be stuffed into a flat rate box? I think it would probably fit in the

14" long version of the flat rate box since they allow it to bulge a bit as long as it can be closed. I think it ought to be less that 70#.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Iggy,

How much for lot #'s 380 & 381?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

vise 156 looks nice to me what is it 8"?

Reply to
erik litchy

Mike, I will keep them, I will use them for measuring largish stuff.

I am trying to balance between this point and being endangered by sudden avalanches of stuff.

The Procunier one is long, I do not think that I will use it much, but this Ebem (or efen??) head is very low profile, I will try it out. i

Reply to
Ignoramus5083

Which number are you talking about? None of the milling vices is even close to being able to fit into a PMFRB. I have 6", 8", and 10" vises.

Ignoramus5083

Harold, at least half of the inserts from lot 381 are in bad shape, just wanted to let you know. $140 will work for me. I will check the heads out to see if they are in good shape.

Ignoramus5083

It is a 10 incher. Plunkett vise. Quite big, but not that heavy. The biggest vise is the 8" vise, it is huge and weighs 110 lbs approximately.

Ignoramus5083

I was thinking a 6" one. The 6" milling vise currently on my Bridgeport could be persuaded to fit more or less in the 12 x 14 x 3.5 PMFRB. Pretty sure it's under 70# as well.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

According to Ignoramus5083 :

Hmm ... you've got a nice sensitive drill adaptor in the box labeled "369". You might want to hold onto that as well, for when you want to drill holes using very small bits. You chuck it in the drill press, then grip the gold-anodized ring and pull it down (against a fairly mild spring pressure) to feed the bit into the workpiece.

The lot labeled "64" is a nice Roper Whitney hand punch -- nice for making holes in sheet metal.

And what is item "70"? It looks like a large Morse taper to the right, but I can't tell enough about the left. Is it perhaps a particularly large tapping head?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I do not think so, I just went to the garage and measured. The 6" milling vises are at least 1.5-2 inches longer than the FR box. One is much longer.

I can post a picture with a measuring tape next to the vises.

Ignoramus5083

Packed at a bit of an angle, perhaps remove the screw and pack along side... A challenge just to see the look on the P.O. folks faces when they try to pick up the 68# $8.10 box...

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

| > How much for all the wheels as Item 274? If we make a deal, I'd ask | > for them to be shipped to ZIP 48146 in the south of Detroit, Michigan, | > area. | | $60 plus $9 shipping. | | > I'm less interested, but only slightly, in some of the other stuff, | > but let's hear about the wheels first. | | Whatever fits with them into a flat rate box, will be the same | shipping charge. | |

Iggy,

How much for each item including shipping to 91932 on Items # 53, 54, 70,

72, 144A, 273, 279, 328, 367, 368, 370, 410 and 411?

I wish I could buy them all but there should be some that would be perfect for my present budget.

Thanks.

Reply to
Hunter

DoN, yes, I will definitely keep that one.

Ditto. I tried it and made some holes in a leather belt for my father in law.

It is a Procunier tapping head, not too large, but I do not want to keep it, it is too long for me.

Since you know a lot, can you tell anything about tapping head here:

I like this head a lot because it is "low profile", so, I hope, I could use it with my Bridgeport for tapping larger threads like 1/2-13 or something like that. I have not tried it yet. I think that it is pressure sensitive and engages only if I push on it downward.

Ignoramus5083