fs - miniature nut drivers

follow this link to see photo and details:

contact me off the list using the info below - if you go for the e-bay auction, it will cost $4.50 for a set, if you contact me directly, I'll sell you 3 sets for $10 including shipping, and 50 sets for $50 including shipping.

Reply to
William Noble

William Noble

William Noble wrote in article ...

Must be pretty close to Snap-On quality for you to be able to sell them so cheap, pay for the shipping, and still make a profit.....eh?

Just yesterday, I was using a small screwdriver from one of those $1.99 "full sets" one finds at flea markets, and I discovered that a half-turn was needed at the handle to move the shaft into full tightening or loosening mode.

Before you comment on the paradox of mentioning Snap-On and a cheap import in the same post, I DO buy an occasional cheap, POS "set" to have for those occasions when a tool needs to be cut, re-designed, or heated and bent to a certain position in order to effect a repair.........

I just grabbed the wrong screwdriver yesterday. The Snap-On screwdriver finished the job off just fine!

Reply to
*

here's a new link.

by the way, these are NOT a cheap import, they are a high quality US brand (look up hunter tools) - I just have quite a few of them - they are used, but not abused - I have no idea what they were from - some kind of production line, I suppose - if they were cheap imports, I wouldn't bother with them.

Reply to
William Noble

The Hunter tools that I have are very high quality. There are few tools manufactured these days that are made with the quality materials used in Hunter tools.

AFAIK, they only produced hand tools such as the types used in assembly/repair of small mechanical or electronic assemblies, the field service tech types of tools.

Their flush-cutting pliers are probably the best ever made.. forged steel and precisely ground cutters. I've been using several styles of them for decades, and they still perform as they did when they were new.

WB metalwork> here's a new link.

Reply to
Wild Bill

Sears sold Hunter tools for a while in the 1960s and 70s. My favorite Hunter needle nose pliers were stolen. The Xcelites that I replaced them with are crap by comparison; actually the Xcelites are crap by comparison to a pair of $4 Chinese needle-nose I bought at Sears.

Being from Maine, * will be interested to hear that the pliers were stolen at the Gates plant in Auburn. It's the only time in 20 years of leaving my tools lying around in numerous factories that I've had something stolen.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

here's an updated link - I decided it makes a lot more sense to make a multiple item listing -

I kept the buy it now price at 99 cents so everyone who can imagine a use can have their very own set.

Reply to
William Noble