Ady says used but fully functional.

Best Regards
Tom.
Reply to
Howard Beal
your link is not fully functional
Reply to
DougC
Search Ebay for the item number: 110771227555
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
Someone did find a fully functional can of gray spray paint.
Reply to
Rex
Nice they left the "Threading Chart" unpainted so you can see how to use the missing change gears.
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
They even painted the chuck. ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
While I have absolutely no interest in this machine I asked about the change gears . We'll see what he says .
Reply to
Snag
I just love those totally painted laTHES, SO FUNNY,.
Ignoramus29635
The consiquences of schools droping shop classes.
Best Regards Tom.
Reply to
azotic
*Everything* painted, including the ways, the leadscrew, the threading gears, the drill chuck on the spindle, even one side of the half-nuts ball handle.
Looks as though the handle on the end of the leadscrew is bent, too. (Photo from the back of the tailstock.)
And I wonder whether the spindle is bent -- that is a common failing of this model -- the AA series lathes.
At least he didn't overpaint the threading chart. (But how many gears would you need to get to make it complete?)
And it actually has two bids! Maybe collectors who plan to restore it -- or use it as a donor for another machine which they already have.
Certainly I would not pay that much for it -- even for a collection. :-)
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
It worked for me. But try this one:

Or -- just go into the search part, and enter the auction number (the part after "item=" at the end of the URL).
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
AB has resurfaced? Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Isn't that rust showing through the camouflage gray coating? Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Maybe old Al is out on parole.
-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself. -- Louis L'Amour
Reply to
Larry Jaques
TMT is adding to his collection of useless tools?
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
The response was "WYSIWYG" . IOW , a "threading lathe" that will only cut maybe 2 or 3 different threads . Let the buyer beware !
Reply to
Snag
The best use for these 109s is as a Lathe model for display. I have two of them in my library.
Reply to
Rex