Fully functional

Ady says used but fully functional.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

your link is not fully functional

Reply to
DougC

Search Ebay for the item number: 110771227555

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Someone did find a fully functional can of gray spray paint.

Reply to
Rex

Nice they left the "Threading Chart" unpainted so you can see how to use the missing change gears.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

They even painted the chuck. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

While I have absolutely no interest in this machine I asked about the change gears . We'll see what he says .

Reply to
Snag

I just love those totally painted laTHES, SO FUNNY,.

Ignoramus29635

The consiquences of schools droping shop classes.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

*Everything* painted, including the ways, the leadscrew, the threading gears, the drill chuck on the spindle, even one side of the half-nuts ball handle.

Looks as though the handle on the end of the leadscrew is bent, too. (Photo from the back of the tailstock.)

And I wonder whether the spindle is bent -- that is a common failing of this model -- the AA series lathes.

At least he didn't overpaint the threading chart. (But how many gears would you need to get to make it complete?)

And it actually has two bids! Maybe collectors who plan to restore it -- or use it as a donor for another machine which they already have.

Certainly I would not pay that much for it -- even for a collection. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It worked for me. But try this one:

Or -- just go into the search part, and enter the auction number (the part after "item=" at the end of the URL).

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

AB has resurfaced? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Isn't that rust showing through the camouflage gray coating? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Maybe old Al is out on parole.

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

TMT is adding to his collection of useless tools?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The response was "WYSIWYG" . IOW , a "threading lathe" that will only cut maybe 2 or 3 different threads . Let the buyer beware !

Reply to
Snag

The best use for these 109s is as a Lathe model for display. I have two of them in my library.

Reply to
Rex