fun with your tractor

Randy fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Then you missed the grab hooks on the front of the loader and bar over which they hook at each level.

Watch it again. Look for one of the "between the feet" views.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Note their use of counter weights on the ends of the out riggers. I would not trust steel tracks on a steel ramp to stay put.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I noticed that, but really, what good would it do?

And then proceeds to walk around under the hoe.

Can I do this with my Farmall Super A? We've got some big pine and spruce trees. Maybe a mechanized version of an arborist's climbing gear.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Sure, if you had the funding of a Superbowl commercial.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Depends. That's what I'd be wearing!

Reply to
Denis G.

About 300 layers thick.

I get dizzy just looking down out of those old bell towers:

Here's where they did it, despite the Italian music:
jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Too high for a helmet to make much difference, except at the start.

Too low for a parachute.

Daredevil machine operators -- it's certainly an interesting new niche!

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Remarkable. The operator even looks bored after the first few minutes. Who the heck thinks this stuff up?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

The skill of the operator is amazing. One jerk or quick movement, and the whole thing could have come down. There are lots of "drivers" around, and few "operators." This man is an "operator".

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The announcer said he has to insert the tongue at the top of the shoe into the slot blind, by feel.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I learned several years ago when I first bought my backhoe that just having one doesn't make one a backhoe operator. I haven't even tried jumping ditches with mine yet. Now I am more convinced than ever that I know nothing.

Pete Stanaitis

-----------------

Bill Noble wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Notice the track fit in a slot. The top held the track while the bottom held it - in a slant, they bound the track in place.

Quality hand and eye control that one had!

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:02:41 -0500, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn" scrawled the following:

I thought it looked a bit jumpy every once in awhile, myself. With the newer controls, that should have been smooth as silk.

Speaking of quality, did you guys see who was in the studio? It was the Spice Girls! Posh and Baby Spice on either side of the host. Yummy!

-- Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand. -- Oprah Winfrey

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Oprah Winfrey

Aren't you even a little bit embarrassed to be able to identify the Spice Girls?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Larry is *hopeless* naming the guys in the boy bands. I swear, can't do a thing with him.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Oprah Winfrey

TV has rotted your brain, you need a hobby. Ever consider metalworking?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:05:42 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins scrawled the following:

Hey, in 5 more days, it will be April 2010. That marks my 3rd year without a satellite feed. I'm TV-free, and Crom, I do NOT miss TV commercials. I've also eschewed radio for its commercials. My entertainment is: occasional music (when I wash the month's dishes) via Pandora.com (free to listen, commercial-free music) and movies via Netflix, both via mail and watching online.

Once things slow down a bit, I'll have more time to finish cleaning out the shop so I can get back in there and work. I do a little bit of metalwork and a bit more woodwork...when I can find a square foot to stand in.

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Reply to
Larry Jaques