Gas check die set

Was it here I found the link

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Tom Gardner

I'm considering using a cast bullet in my 30-06 . I have some wheel weight stock , but thought I'd need a check for any load over about 1500fps . The bullet mold does have the rebate on the tail for checks , but I've never used them before .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I might suggest that you buy a box to develop your load and technique and deal with fewer variables at a time. I've been told that Copper flashing works well. One guy I know uses old cartridges laid open. I've never used them, I only use low-power pistol rounds, I only wish I had a place to work with rifles. But I'd be interested in all data you gather.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Reply to
Richard