gas for mig welder

Can anybody help, I have just aquired a mig welder and can find anywhere in Cardiff to get the gas bottle refilled

Regards Gary

Reply to
Gary Deverson

OK, the gas should be available at any of the welding supply places. I don't know which Cardiff you are in (you failed to note the state or country you are in) but here in Calif. there are several companies that supply gasses for welding and brazing.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Landlord of your Local will know

Reply to
Chris Oates

A quick perusal of Gary's email shows snipped-for-privacy@nospam.deverson.co.uk from which I would infer that giving info as to California welding gas suppliers, while friendly, may not be very helpful. In the absence of any other indication to me Cardiff defaults to Wales, which is where I'm guessing this was posted from.

Grant Erw> OK, the gas should be available at any of the welding supply places.

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Since your in the UK I haven't an idea.

you could try here:

Reply to
Mark

Gary A quick Google for "BOC gas distribution Cardiff" found: HSS Hire- Weld Colchester Ave., Penylan. Cardiff CF23 9AN

029 2046 0472

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Thank you everybody for your replys Yes I live in Cardiff, South Wales, UK (Sorry about that)

Regards Gary

Reply to
Gary Deverson

Sorry, but the email addr. doesn't show on the info lines in my ng reader. I often ask for a location as these newsgroups are worldwide and there are a lot of names that are used for the name of a town in many parts of the world.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

BOC (evil bastards that they are), because Linde have buggered off out of the area.

Ask for Argoshield Light, and don't let anyone tell you that pure CO2 is usable as a MIG welding gas.

I do my welding in Pontypool, BTW.

Andy Dingley

Why ? It was what original MIG welders used and the same as I have been using for the last 10?

That says it all really

Reply to
Tone