Gingerly getting into manufacturing

really?

How confortable would you be by a vibrating contraption with wires about to fall off that runs at over 24 volts? At least it's grounded, wait, no it's not even grounded right.

I cut the power cords off stuff like that so nobody even tries to plug it back in.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Very comfortable. I'd watch it for a while with the cover off as opposed to making over the top condemnations...

... like that one. Sheesh. Fixing than would take less time than you've spent pretending the sky is falling.

Well of course because you're the only person on the planet qualified to disappear a cable clamp. Good work. Now that you've saved everybody you can get back to printing up ladder warning stickers.

Reply to
whoyakidding

Burning elecrical equipment fumes aren't good for you. Leave the cover on.

Why does it matter how long a repair takes if nobody will ever do it?

any ladder that's good enough for you would need a warning label. I would be made wrong and unsafe. You'd then go on and on about how it would be an easy fix.

Are you from china? your standards are pretty damn low.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

You're making less sense than ever. If there was an airtight enclosure then you forgot to have a hissy fit over the lack of ventilation.

Who the f*ck are you to imagine that nobody will ever do it and that it's your job to prevent them the opportunity? It's a good thing you weren't in charge of the Santa Maria because it would have been chained to the dock to prevent sliver impalement.

I haven't seen a ladder for years that wasn't plastered in labels. Invent some rung and rail shaped labels and the world will be your oyster.

Ladders are relatively cheap and seldom worth fixing. Your claims are getting increasingly desperate.

I guess I'm just lucky not to have been killed by a cable clamp. If you need a safety issue to champion I suggest bungee cords. Those things have evil intentions and they're sneaky. They should have labels warning not to turn your back.

Reply to
whoyakidding

whoosh.

It's your job to shut the f*ck up when I talk. When I speak, grab a pen and paper an take notes.

That's your job, chinese slave.

I can see it now, you doing some overhead lifting job with bungee cords.

get back to yelling at people that aren't making shoes fast enough.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

One of my new (13 months) mechanics has a "Neat Bug" and does a nice job of keeping things put away and organized. I hope he never finds a cure. A few years ago I bought a few truckloads of pallet racking and now have a place to put just about everything. The machine shop got two

2-foot wide x 8' long x 8 foot high with 5 shelves. There is still room! The welding tables get used as work tables to disassemble and repair dies and machine parts, often taking days or weeks waiting for parts. So, when a welding job comes along, the table must be vacated. It's not that the tables get clutter piled on but they get used for too many things.
Reply to
Tom Gardner

Just plonk the troll, he knows nothing, does nothing and is just white noise. He's never posted any accomplishments that HE'S actually done, just like his other buddy-trolls. Nobody wants to see his drivel in second hand posts.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

And pictures of YOUR shop are where? Anyone can brag about how clean someone else's shop is.\

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I do not see what is wrong with the "Ohio Brush" shop picture. What I see here is a business that is low in invested capital (super old lathe, long depreciated), but that is clearly moving some inventory.

Also it is clear that OSHA does not come there very often.

Ignoramus1274

If I was to say that some shuttle O rings didn't look up to snuff, would you ask to see MY space shuttle? Seriously, you have the logic skills of a six year old.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

I agree. It's nothing to brag on but it's apparently still in business, and we have Tom's word that it's making profit. The trouble is he also previously said he's had multiple offers to buy the place for huge amounts of money. THAT isn't credible, and combined with his repeated juvenile lying that I was on "cheese checks", his word isn't worth anything to me. I also remember him being really petulant about some unsolicited free brushes he'd sent Ed Huntress, who returned them. Getting into such things online is dumb and a good businessman would know better. He also claims to be a responsible gun owner who certifies other to own guns. Based on his posts I think it's fair to say he'd certify Gunner, who is unstable by any reasonable definition. So when people call Tom an idiot or worse, he only has himself to blame.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

If you want to stay viable and not end up as a niche business then you have to innovate. Tom doesn't innovate. Tom doesn't have the mentality to innovate especially when it comes to marketing. One day Tom will wake up and the niche business that he's milked for years won't be viable. Check out Tom's pathetically dated website which hasn't been updated in 12 years:

Jonathan Banquer

Wow, if they're trustworthy enough for joints in brake pedal brackets, they're certainly safe. Cool. I'm sure Tawm will be able to use it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Rather than spot welding outside plates on wire wheels and knot wheels. The electric company wont let us get a projection welder, they say we will dim all the lights in the neighborhood. It seems we are at the "end of the line".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

As I recall...Ohio Brush has been in business since 1875.

Its hardly surprising that they have older machines in continuous operation.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

So John..hows Aruba doing these days?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

You do know the pix are over 13? years old, before I even owned the place outright, don't you? It seems these little boy trolls that DON'T EVER have anything to post, don't have shops and never cut a single piece of metal in their lives....Hmmm, why IS that? That super old W&S #2 does nothing but thread blank inserts for mini-grinders, notice the $2k threading spindle? (with all size tooling) Troll-boys don't have a clue what they are looking at. Now, we buy the parts threaded, have for about ten years. They sure like their ad-hominid attacks, don't they? Without that, they got nothing! Want to see my brand new BP (well, 6 yo), new heat-treat oven, Surface grinder, MiG welder, Plasma Cutter, new $40k flat wire brush machine or my new CNC wire wheel machine? Not to mention all new offices and bathrooms throughout the plant. Don't buy what the trolls have to sell...unless you so desire.

I don't sell to the public so I don't care about the public website...only the private one for existing industrial customers. And, OSHA was just here, found a short list of shit that took two of us almost three days to fix in our spare time. Things like non-industrial power strips and such. No fine, no machines shut down. We have Ohio Workers Comp inspect us every six months and considering we have a 93% discount with them they consider us a model shop for safety...no lost-time in over ten years.

So, you might want NOT to jump on the lie bandwagon! Are you always so easily misled or is it easier to be misled by some? Come visit and prove it to yourself.

OBTW, won't matter in a short time!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Sorry, I did not mean to piss you off, I was just going by the picture.

How does OSHA decide who to visit and who not to visit?

Ignoramus1274

That's _their_ problem. Complain to a TV station's investigative reporter that they are trying to force you to offshore all of the jobs at your factory. It'll make a great news story. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Send me your e-mail address please. I'm sure you have mine or can easily get it.

Reply to
Tom Gardner