glue for mirrors

Hi, I have big side mirrors on my old van and I have stick-on convex mirrors from napa. The problem is that the double sided sticky tape that holds the mirrors on doesnt when I go to Flagstaff, Az in the summer.

Anyone with a good suggestion on what kind of glue I could use. I have tried cleaning the base mirror real good but that doesnt really help.

Al

Reply to
Alpinekid

Try the stuff that car shops sell to stick the rear view mirrors onto windscreens.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Loctite make a product for glass/metal. Ford used to (maybe still do) for internal mirrors where the stalk glued directly to the windcreen. Ive seen these mirrors broken away by extreme impact(!) where the glass/metal joint remained intact i.e. there was a chunk of glass torn out of the windscreen, still attached to the mirror stalk.

Roger

Steve Lusardi wrote:

Reply to
Roger Head

50/50 Acetone/Xylol works very well for cleaning the surfaces.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

RTV or Goop

Reply to
tomcas

Black Urethane window setting caulk would work. You can get it at an auto body supply store.

Reply to
ATP