Gorotn mill table weight

Hi all,

I've got an itch to pull the table off my Gorton 8D and clean it up some. It's a small table (10" x 24"-ish) and I'm wondering how heavy it is. I know folks here have pulled mills apart and I suspect that most mills have larger and heavier tables. Is this a one person job or am I looking at using a hoist or a buddy or two?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey

Waynemak

That probably won't be an option. The mill is on a pedestal and in a corner. It'll have to be lifted onto the cart rather than slid.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey

Use your clamping kit to bolt a long piece of lumber on for handles, then you and a buddy can manipulate it, like carrying game out of the woods on a pole. Or slide it on to a table, or use a hoist.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch