Gorotn mill table weight

Hi all,
I've got an itch to pull the table off my Gorton 8D and clean it up some.
It's a small table (10" x 24"-ish) and I'm wondering how heavy it is. I
know folks here have pulled mills apart and I suspect that most mills have
larger and heavier tables. Is this a one person job or am I looking at
using a hoist or a buddy or two?
Peter
Reply to
Peter Grey
The nice thing about a knee mill is you can move the table up and down. I just rolled a cart under my table and lowered it down to just sit on the cart then slid the table off the mill to the cart. putting back on was much the same.
Reply to
Waynemak
That probably won't be an option. The mill is on a pedestal and in a corner. It'll have to be lifted onto the cart rather than slid.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Grey
Use your clamping kit to bolt a long piece of lumber on for handles, then you and a buddy can manipulate it, like carrying game out of the woods on a pole. Or slide it on to a table, or use a hoist.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch