Grizzly drill bits

I just received an email from Grizzly with their Titanium Nitride drill bits
on sale. 29 piece for $29,95. Any experience with these? Comments
appreciated.
walt
Reply to
E. Walter Le Roy
That is just a coating. What is the underneath material ? That is the real question.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

E. Walter Le Roy wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
The underneath material is probably the same as with all the other imported ultra-cheap drill bit sets on the market. Getchursef a 119 piece set of Hertel, US made, for around $90 from J & L. Or you could pay $300 for a set of Chicago-Latrobes from MSC, etc.
Bob Swinney
> That is just a coating. What is the underneath material ? > That is the real question. > > Martin > > Martin H. Eastburn > @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net > TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. > NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder > IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. >
> > > E. Walter Le Roy wrote: >> I just received an email from Grizzly with their Titanium Nitride drill >> bits on sale. 29 piece for $29,95. Any experience with these? Comments >> appreciated. >> >> walt > >
Reply to
Robert Swinney
I bought some MT2 bits from MSC (their import brand) to fill in the missing ones of my mostly US made bit collection. I found them to be extremely brittle. I've replaced 2 of them already because they broke - NOT because they got dull. They didn't have enough use to get dull yet.
Gary
Reply to
grice
If they don't indicate HSS anywhere in their add, most likely just high carbon steel.
Reply to
sk