Grizzly drill bits

I just received an email from Grizzly with their Titanium Nitride drill bits on sale. 29 piece for $29,95. Any experience with these? Comments
appreciated.
walt
That is just a coating. What is the underneath material ? That is the real question.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
E. Walter Le Roy wrote:

-
The underneath material is probably the same as with all the other imported ultra-cheap drill bit sets on the market. Getchursef a 119 piece set of Hertel, US made, for around $90 from J & L. Or you could pay $300 for a set of Chicago-Latrobes from MSC, etc.
Bob Swinney

I bought some MT2 bits from MSC (their import brand) to fill in the missing ones of my mostly US made bit collection. I found them to be extremely brittle. I've replaced 2 of them already because they broke - NOT because they got dull. They didn't have enough use to get dull yet.
Gary
If they don't indicate HSS anywhere in their add, most likely just high carbon steel.