Gunner: I'm back

So you think any superpower, past or present, is/was any different?

Don't kid yourself.

"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Wasn't a "Yanker" who said that...

CC

Reply to
Condor Chef

You subscribe to the Los Banos Enterprise? I'm a tad older than you and for now I smoke so you will most likely outlive me. However, fat related illnesses are catching up to smoking related illnesses.

I'm sure that whatever needs to be done he will see to it on his own. I have enough clients of my own, thanks.

Just like you ceased make snide remarks about fat women when your picture was posted? Snicker. I still laugh about that. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to resurrect it. Sue - evidently no longer in the illustrious Mr. May's killfile - aren't I lucky?

Reply to
Sue

Ayup..the only time a warning shot should be fired, is in the center of mass. Both legally and for your personal safety.

What you have to do, is consider the following:

  1. Is your life of the life of another in immediate danger? A. Yes. Employ deadly force as needed B. No. Leave the area NOW.
  2. Will the situation escalate into your life being in danger, through mechanisms beyond your control? A. Yes.. see A above B. No. See B above.
  3. Immediate danger does not mean having an 50 yr old woman in a wheel chair across the room threatening you with a dull butter knife. Immediate danger means exactly that..you have a reasonable cause to believe, that your life, or the life of another, may be taken or harmed RIGHT NOW.

If a 250lb PCP crazed nut roll is standing on the other side of the street cursing you while swinging a baseball bat..he is not an immediate danger. If he throws that bat at you..the moment it leaves his hands..you are no longer in direct danger from him and you may not employ deadly force. If he screams, and starts running at you..indeed, you are in danger and you may employ deadly force. If its our 50 yr old granny in her wheel chair charging at you with her dull butter knife, ..you are not in immediate danger.

The perp must have the means and ability to seriously harm you..and to do so immediately before he can be considered an immediate danger.

If you see a fellow pouring gasoline on the side of a home, and is ready to strike a match..he may well be considered an immediate danger and you may indeed use deadly force. In many places, even after he has started that fire and is trying to flee..an arsonist (and a select small group of others) may be stopped with deadly force, as the law may consider him a threat to the community as a whole) (serial murders, child rapists, etc are also on this list).

If you are in a Bad Situation ©.. Draw an imaginary bubble around yourself. Make it bigger or smaller as your gut feeling determines it to be. Anyone crossing into that bubble should be considered an immediate threat to your life. Anyone outside that bubble is to be considered a possible threat to your life. As soon as that line is crossed...use deady force to stop the danger to you or another.

Something to consider, that is taught to cops and those who may be in harms way is the Tuller Drill. Keep your rubber gun in your holster, and have a gent with a rubber knife stand 21 feet away. On the knife mans inititive, he runs at you with his rubber knife and tries to stab/cut/kill you. ( I like to use permanant Magic Marker as the knife).

99% of the time, the knife man will reach you before you are able to shoot him. Its about 65% even if you have the rubber gun in your hand but not aimed. And in real life, even if you do shoot him, he is likely to cut you to death even as he is being shot.

A firearm is NEVER to be used to threaten, bluff, argue, demonstrate your displeasure, etc etc. It only has two purposes in a self defense situation. Firing the first and second shots.

Warning shots are bad juju. First of all, you dont know where that bullet is going to wind up, even is you shoot into the air you may hit someone miles away, and secondly, it demonstrates you are not yet willing to employ deadly force. Cops never fire warning shots, by departmental policy, and for those reasons.

If you are in a situation that may be become dangerous, retreat if you are able. If you are not able to retreat, take cover and make ready. If the situation escalates, take immediate action to protect yourself from danger. If this means using deadly force..so be it. Your opponent put you in this situation, you didnt. If his actions result in his death or injury, they are on his head, not yours. His actions are immoral when placing you into danger. Your actions in removing that danger to yourself, are moral.

Never let anger be your guide. You MUST use the Reasonable Man concept. Is it reasonable to you and the community to shoot at this place and time, under thise conditions?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

"PJ" wrote in news:hl2Bc.14$ek6.9 @bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Big Tim is a man of honour , he would never ever hit a man when he is down . Its easier to kick him .....

Reply to
Myal

Start taking 1500 mg of Coral calcium daily. Be ritual about your intake 3 capsules a day. It takes about 1 year to begin rebuilding your body. The fingernails will be stronger and longer a good sign that your body is absorbing the calcium.

The secret to getting the calcium to absorb is having the adrenal system think the body is going after salt when what we want is the calcium. Start buying no salt or mrs dash. Low in sodium products.

You will never know that I'm wrong until you try it.

Good luck, good to have you back safe and well John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Nope..she is responsible for that. I only provide a place for her to live. In return, she keeps my home in somewhat good order and takes care of my critters. Period. We are still separated in actual fact. Furthermore, she is disabled for life, unfortunately and is unable to provide for herself financially. She is considered by the State to be indigent, and indigent for life. If you don't like the States terms or criteria..please feel free to change the rules by which she is subject. As to my compassion for her condition..deal with it. While I understand that compassion is an alien word to you..its something that most humans have.

She never used drugs (though where you got that from, or why you keep bringing that lie up escapes me).

Quite frankly Lard Ass, you are a tiresome bigot of the first water, who managed to be in the right time and the right place, where others with your same abilities were not. So I suggest the occasional sacrifice to Hermes may be in order on your part.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

How much oil did France and England off up in WW1 and WW2? In the Baltic?

Seems to me, that when you drongos get your asses in a sling, be it by your own barberous blood lust or via natural disaster..the US seems to be willing to offer up assistance. When was the last time South Africa sent rescue workers to a natural disaster in the US? I dont recall seeing their crews during any earthquake or flood during the last 100 yrs. Perhaps you laddies are getting bad press?

Perhaps you would care to post links to how much money and aid South Africa gives to the US?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

I believe the richest country on the face of this earth should have free health care provided for folks that require it, any matter the piss poor income brackets that most of us earn these days, maybe were not focusing on the right problem.

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

You certainly are in the right newsgroups, then!

Maybe Gunner could run as Ralph Nader's running mate?

--Tim May

Reply to
Tim May

I voted for Bush in 2k. My concerns now are the draft of young people. My brother n law is a math professor of two universities in WI and MN. PhD in particle physics. He has shook the hands with Feynman and Heisenberg while on lecture at Berkely.

He was born in Iran seems to be all for the the draft and war with Iran.

It was hard for me to understand the reasoning for this weekend while on a bbq with family, when his own son would likely be the first to be drafted.

He explained his reasons and I disagreed without any argument.

So I am only thankful that we somewhat have a two party system

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

I've no idea if it's for sale. If it is it might make a good dart board. Or perhaps toilet paper. The pleasure of wiping my ass with Mr. May's likeness would be worth the mild discomfort from the stiffness. One of the two people in the picture is the delightful, warm hearted, humane, caring, generous, kind Mr. May. I'll leave it to you to figure out which one. Oh, wait. With all of those adjectives it would be neither. Scrap the adjectives. Jelly people???? Sue

Reply to
Sue

It reminds me of walking out in the pasture bare footed. And from the contents of their posts..it ain quail we is stepping on....

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Chuckle. Mr. May will most likely reply that he not only shook hands with those two people but slept with them as well. Sue

Reply to
Sue

Oddly enough..when they went in the second time for the actual angioplasty..the big high tech heart center used the two large orderlies for the pressure. The country hospital used the C clamp. After being badly bruised up from the angiogram the day before..it was a bit tender. 3 grains of morphine only took the top layer off. I asked the orderly to back off a smidge..and he didnt. I then TOLD him to back off a bit..and when he didnt. I recall grabbing him by the back of the belt and hoisting him off the floor one handed. Pain= adrenalin..and it really really really really hurt. I ran though my entire vocabularly of nasty words in 5 languages, causing a very diverse group of staff to variously bust up laughing, get all puffed up or blush. My lungs are good and I simply lost control..so they closed the doors to that wing. I understand that they heard me at the front lobby upstairs. Probably considered it bad for business ...

Shrug..now my entire right leg has pin point hemmatomas from ankle to groin. Freckles I never had...lol He was a big ol boy too..

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Good advice.

Reply to
Garlicdude

Soft, flabby, self-annointed intellectuals with delusions of importance and superior status. Often found wandering about spewing gossip and/or declarations of how others should be, but having their collective heads in the clouds. Well, in a darkened place, anyway. Sudden start or stoppage of movement tends to make them shake like a bowl of jelly. May also remind one of the Pillsbury Doughboy.

mikey

Reply to
michael

D'ONT fire warning shots! If the situation is serious enough for a gun, start shooting for effect . Schon

Reply to
sheerluck holmes

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:31:25 -0400, Peter T. Keillor III calmly ranted:

Got bird loads?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Phew - Had my boss go through something less exciting but near the same problem. He is better in most things than he has been in years.

Gosh - what ever happened to the metal work ? Leaving that for the poor paid type ?

Mart> For those of you who emailed or wished me well, many many many thanks.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

If you are living together, it would appear that you are living together.

Sounds like government tit to me.

Compassion? Sounds like the government tit to me.

A psudoLiberterian.

Reply to
Bob Brock