Gunner: I'm back

OK...if you think that you are crazy enough to require a psychiatrist for meds, go ahead. You really don't need permission.

Reply to
Bob Brock

There was an article in the newspaper that indicated that the service jobs pay a bit higher than factory jobs. Don't forget that service jobs include stock brokers, insurance salesmen, bankers, computer service desk jobs, web page designers...........

It would be nice if everyone could have a high paying job. Maybe we should raise the minium wage to $30 / hour.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

You are mistaken, I let sleeping dogs lie, unless they appear to be rabid.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

They were once considered professional positions. The service category was redefined to cover/hide/disguise the earnings of burger flippers by bringing in some ringers.

They tried to do that where I work. We were, according to a HR study, grossly overpaid. Turned out they were lumping part time high school burger flippers with some very skilled industrial operators with years of specialized skills. When we made them compare us to similar jobs in similar industries, we were very low pay.

It can be made to come out however you want it. No facts necessary.

The test is - what percentage of the people in the service category are in the "professional" group and what percentage are in the grunt category. If you don't average in the wages of some mismatched professions, the make nothings turn out to be most of the story.

The age old question. No matter how smart you are, no matter how skilled you are, no matter how useful your services are, what make one person worth a thousand times more than another?

-- W§ mostly in m.s -

"no free man shall be taken or imprisoned...except by the lawful judgment of his peers or by the law of the land."

--Magna Carta 1215

Reply to
Winston §mith

Idiot........

Me and john shook the Nut Tree and poor Lawrence Glickman fell out and landed on his head......now he is all disorientated and confused--you better go an see a doctor in the morning Larry, you MIGHT have suffered a concussion....

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

You too.

See ya.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

supply and demand

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:16:35 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"

Then do like you usually do. Wake up the dog.

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Take it easy. I'm only kidding.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Damn, there it goes. How can I stand up to that? :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

But it may have been a bit unfair. After all, fish have brains.

Reminds me a bit of Cheney (in defense of the second ammendment) hunting peasants (they probably got confused a bit ...)

What next? Dairy cattle with pocket nukes?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

You obviously have standards and I don't. Sue

Reply to
Sue

snip---

Chuckle. Nope. Just a smaller vocabulary!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Bjórrúnar skaltu Retief rista --

It appears that you are jealous that you weren't as 'lucky'.

Reply to
Carl Nisarel

The timing of his attack pretty much established that for me. WRT our health care system, it's time we wake up and fix it, starting with our politicians who are owned lock, stock and barrel by the pharmaceutical firms and the insurance industry.

Reply to
ATP

Timmy and Gunner are perfect for each other. If we could find a way to get them both to ONLY post to each other via email, usenet would be a much better place.

Reply to
sittingduck

"Gary H. Lucas" wrote

(Superfluous verbiage snipped)

( 20 words of wisdom not snipped)

Mark

And yet another from Carl.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Luck is not the factor. Plenty of people--many tens of millions--have savings, choose to obtain health insurance, and are not dependent on the State for their wife's care, their son's care, and on not paying all that they owe to hospitals, nurses, doctors, etc. who treat them. They choose to buy health insurace and have savings ahead of buying the extensive arsenal of high caliber weapons which CanopyCo. said he saw recently at Gunner's workshop.

Of course, many tens of millions of Americans are quite a bit like Gunner: no savings, choose not to buy health insurance, have wives and children who watch t.v. and hang out in bars instead of working, and so on.

The first category form the "basically prepared." Maybe not wealthy, but basically prepared. Prepared for health setbacks, job losses, etc.

The second catgory form the "basically deadbeats." The famed "one paycheck away from being homeless" people who spend what they earn as soon as they get it, who buys rifles and handguns instead of squirreling away money or buying insurance, who complain that "there are no good jobs!" (because "Clinton exported them," or "Bush exported them," depending on their slant).

More and more Americans, both left-wing welfare types and right-wing blue collar types, and even some laid-off CEOs and executives (watch CNN's Lou Dobbs for his New Protectionist commie crap), are drifting into the second category, nattering about the need for "a social safety net" (tax those who saved and bought insurance to pay for those who didn't), protectionism (have men with guns tell us who we may buy from), and "basic healthcare" (socialized medicine).

It's a far worse danger than what we face from the Iraqi and Afghan freedom fighters who want their countries back from under the boot of the Americans.

--Tim May

Reply to
Tim May

Cliff-Glick Syndrome has taken a major blow?

Cliff?

Glickman?

Where are you?

Reply to