Haas -- Haase tool post

Greetings,

I may be able to latch onto a Haas/Haase toolpost size D, along with 8 "D" tool holders and 2 "S" tool holders; all at a fairly good price. Supposedly good for a 22-35" lathe, so unfortunately it is a little large for my lathe. I've never used anything like this before but the system looks like it would work very well and everything appears to be in great shape. I couldn't find any further info and pricing on this through their website.

My questions are: would this set be easy to resell so I could get something a bit smaller? I see lots of Aloris style toolpost/holder systems for sale on ebay but nothing like this style..... is this only because of the price? And finally, any ideas on what this would be worth?

Thanks for any input. Cheers,

al.

Reply to
Al MacDonald

Your problem is that lathes in that range are between 9 and 20 tons in weight and would hardly qualify for home use. Therefore, the aftermarket sales would be to industry and essentially, there is no used tool market to industry effectively. The rule is small machines and small machine tools have used value and big ones don't. However, I am not familiar with the Haase Tool post and I cannot find a photo to look at, but I think that it may fit lathes a small as 16". I would possibly be interested if they could be used on an 18" machine. The dimension of interest is the distance from the bottom of the tool holder to the lower surface of the tool slot. Measure that and incude it with a photo directly to me. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Steven, please contact me privately.... I can't reply to your message.

Reply to
Al MacDonald