Had the Clausing 6903 lathe going for a few moments :)

I've rebuilt the varidrives, master and slave cylinders and put it back together this weekend. Had to extend the motor wires since some idiot at GM Saginaw buried the terminations in flex.

Fired it up, sounded great, sheaves moved like they should, hydraulics didn't leak, sounded good then CLICK.

The GM Saginaw plant mounted a AB motor starter box to the back of this lathe, along with a Reese e stop button. Didn't think to buy new thermals for the contactor when I rewired from 460 to 230.

Ebay to the rescue. Thermals on the way.

Wes

(a bit out of date)

Reply to
Wes

Looks like a lot of fun on the way to Ebay!

Good job!

Mart> I've rebuilt the varidrives, master and slave cylinders and put it back together this

along with

when I rewired

Martin H. Eastburn

Thanks! You value things more that you work for.

lathe, along with

when I rewired

I've updated page with more pictures along the way. Still working on figuring the lubrication chart out but other than this, I think I have all the pictures up on the page. Sorry, one long page. Hopefully I can start working on pages of projects :) I sure have a bunch of stuff for a .22 gatling gun waiting my attention.

Wes

Reply to
Wes