Hardinge Second Ops lathe

Looks like a fun lil hardinge second ops lathe to have around.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

Wow, that's in pretty rough shape. My strong suspicion is, it won't sell at all. I guess the former owner had some dedicated use for it, hence the ventilation on the base, and also the missing speed change levers.

The trouble with a machine like that is, even if it sold for a hundred bucks, the shipping kills the deal.

Mine DSM-59 (also split bed)

was a local deal, the entire thing came home in two small pickup truck loads. But it was also really really stock and complete, with both bed turret and tailstock, double cross slide, and also the compound.

I see about a dozen items on ebay that I lust for every month but again the shipping is a killer, so those never happen.

Jim

jim rozen

That okay, Jim.

I see a few things that I lust after (female, usually), daily, but can't afford the shipping, either.

Mike Eberle> > >

Reply to
mikee