height of V2XT

Sorry for the ON topic post, but does anybody know the height of a Bridgeport V2XT? There's one on eBay, and I just happen
to have the part that is broken on it. But, my ceilings in the basement are 7' 7", and one place indicated the V2XT may be slightly taller than that. Could anybody take an actual measurement of it? Is there a way (like taking the drip shield off the motor) to take a couple inches off the top?
Thanks,
Jon

http://www.premierequipment.com/product/1993-bridgeport-v2xt-cnc-mill
He says height is 104"
I am not surprised, my Interact is about as tall.
On 1/27/2015 9:48 AM, Ignoramus29264 wrote:

7-7 is 91". 104 - 91 = 13". So, you'll need a 13" deep hole in your cellar. <G>
Bob

It may be a bit lower, the 104 inches listed above included a power drawbar.
If it is like my Interact, it would be a great retrofit project. And Jon can save a lot on shipping if he uses a Pico systems control box!
Ignoramus29264 wrote:

GROAN! That's even WORSE! 92" would require me to cut a small hole in the ceiling, which COULD be done. But, if it is really 104", that would come up inside the kitchen - which isn't going to fly.
But, the machine in question seems to not have the power drawbar.
Thanks for the info!
Jon
On 1/27/2015 1:14 PM, Jon Elson wrote:

Oh ... how about a little bump-out addition to the cellar? With a bulk-head style cover/door that you could lower the mill through.
Jon Elson wrote:

Well, I let it go to another person. It got bid up to $33xx, which was a bit steep for a machine that had been tipped over from an unknown height and may have broken more stuff than was reported.
Hated to have to do that, but I just couldn't bid that kind of money without seeing it in person.
I am limited to 7" Y travel on my CNC retrofit of an old round-ram mill with the short knee. I managed to get a knee and saddle off a BOSS, but just can't seem to find time to have my mill down while I re-convert it.
Jon
Gunner Asch wrote:

Thanks, but I already have a retrofitted manual Bridgeport. It works well, other than the limited Y travel and a bit more backlash than I'd like. I have many of the parts to swap out the knee and saddle, but am still missing a couple pieces. Anyway, if Missisippi is a long way to haul it to St. Louis, California is a LOT farther.
Jon

    Dang. Something tells me, a Mazda B2500 isn't going to be up to towing that home. And I've no where to put it until ... September? October? -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."

    Thanks, but I have a monster amount of work to do around the two homesteads in the next 194 days. Pour Slab, build tool shed, pack, move, haul to good will or dump what doesn't move, paint, fix, repair, ... oh and execute the Nuptials. -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."

Oh My Buddha! Pete, I'm sorry. I hadn't heard about your condemnation. Oh, wait, did you mean "kill" or "perform" when you said "execute the nuptials"?
http://tinyurl.com/3kkftq2
--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

    Perform.
    As I said in one announcement "If I had said I would die a bachelor, obviously I never thought that I would live until I were wed."

    There's a women's monetary near Goldendale ... -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."
On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 21:37:32 -0800, pyotr filipivich

I must have missed it. ;)

Monetary? Does that make them golddiggers?
--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to

    Argggghhh - darn spell checkers with small fonts.
    That's suppose to be "Monastery" -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 08:27:38 -0800, pyotr filipivich

Have the little woman schedule an optometric visit for you soon. <giggle>
--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to

    I did, they didn't.

    And yours too.

    B-) -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."

    Still not too late for the Generic Omniscience Deity to have mercy, though. -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."