Help with motor capacitor wiring

I do not want to reverse it, I never said that I want to reverse it.

I want to make it run, that's all.

Ignoramus16167

Aren't there usually wires that come from the windings going to the terminal board?

MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

Reply to
RoyJ

So, have you tried it, yet? What happened?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

getting the cap today

Reply to
Ignoramus16167

-------------- Upon inspection, it seems that the motor has four terminals

1,2,3,4. Terminals 1 and 4, supposedly, are for line in, if i read the label right.

There is no diagram for the rest, so, would it be correct to assume that I need to connect 1 and 2, and 3 and 4? Or, if the rotation is wrong, 1 and 3, and 2 and 4?

You were talking about it here, instead of just wiring it like the label said to. It was clear that you only use terminals 1 & 4, yet you ramble on about connecting the other terminals. The other terminals are N/C as far as the outside world goes. The OEM can use them for whatever they want, or not use them at all.

You should 'Assume' that the OEM doesn't want you to use them for anything.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell