help with Purox torch/tips parts

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've purchased from a retired millwright a set of purox O2, acetylene regs, hose, torch handle and a few tips, as well as a cutting tip. They are in good shape but a couple of O rings should be replaced and the oxygen valve is missing the thumb knob. The valve works fine. The previous owner used a hex screw sort of knob he'd fashioned himself. Anyway, I've welded, brazed before so I'm fine with the actual work I need to do but I'm looking for some help with obtaining parts for these torches. I'm in Huntsville Ontario and figure that the stuff will come from Toronto or surrounding area but I've had no luck in sourcing any place. My local BOC gasses in Bracebridge "sent out" for an estimate and asked for a complete rebuilding of the cutting torch, torch valves etc. I know they don't need that much work for a price that was going to be over $200.00. The BOC guy then told me that I should just consider buying new as "it would only be another 100 bucks or so". I think that they just don't want to bother with my business really.

Where can I get parts for this type of torch, who can I call, which web site should I look at??

Please help!!

Cameron

Reply to
Cameron

I don't know, but a quick search for Purox provided a significant supply of tips and so forth. You really should lean to use Google.

-- There are more Democrats on the Calif. Special Election than Republicans! Go count if you don't believe me! Bob May

Reply to
Bob May

Here are your tips

As to parts. Purox is part of ESAB now. Any ESAB dealer should be able to handle parts.

o-rings can be had from local industrial suppliers.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler