HF 67979 Borescope A+

Snapped one up tonight. I have wanted/needed a borescope for along time, but couldn't commit due to their high cost. Got this on sale for $129

sale till midnight tonight.....

pros Tool appears well made and works great. Very ergonomic design. The display is color, and can be flipped in four orientations to the handpiece. The led head lighting has 5 steps. The flex shaft is very stiff, and will hold it's shape well. the fixed focus is good to about 1"

cons It should have a protective cap for the imager head-easilly made... The imager head cannot be rotated it should have a sleeve on the head to stand-off the imager from contacting a surface-easilly made... Of course, no articulated head for $129

JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

If Murphy is on duty tomorrow night, he'll have the item on sale for $69.99 on Saturday, the 1st. BTW, $129 is retail, not a sale price.

Cool.

Right, those'll be on the enhanced version at $229, when available.

-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Take it back and tell them to give it to you for 109.99 That is the price in the flyer I just got!!

How far away can you clearly see objects in detail?

Reply to
Steve W.

Actually, got the 20% off deal. Just looked at the receipt. Actual cost $103.99 JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

I paid $90 back in August for the 66550 (wireless monitor), but I'm a bit disappointed with the resolution. It's already paid for itself though.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

The latest HF flyer lists the 67979 at $109.99, and also lists a model

67980 which apparently has built-in DVR at $219.99
Reply to
Pete C.

10mm or 15mm head?

15mm head is pretty clunky - won't fit in a spark plug hole, for instance - will barely go in with a 18mm plug, but not with the mirror attached.

Reply to
clare

Actually got it for $103 with the dicount coupon. Got to use it today. Couldn't get an Audi 4000s trans to suck back in, although the trans appeared to be lined up. Poked the borescope into the bellhousing, and could clearly see the input shaft was low 1/4". A little tweak, and in she went. JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

How far away from an object can you be and still see it well?

I'm wondering if it would work to look into a O2 sensor hole to look into the cat. Or looking in gas tanks and down near fuel lines and such. If you can get a clear look out to 10-12 inches it might work.

Reply to
Steve W.

Fixed Focus is 1" - 14". Not rated for volatile/corrosive medium. It won't bend to go down an exhaust pipe from an O2 bung. JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

The one I tried was still pretty clear at 10 feet.

Reply to
clare

The manual for the 67980 model indicates the head is 8.5mm. I think I'll see if I can get one with a 20% coupon that will expire soon.

Reply to
Pete C.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board...

Reply to