How much would it cost?

Do you still want a drawing?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I see your point. Right there on top of your head.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Nope! He proved the point that you need a drawing.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Hey people... Remember, Steve is the guy who thinks that it is OK to lie and cheat by setting the parking break on the forklift. He also believes that all honest people are hypocrites and that all companies have very deep pockets and deserve to be cheated at every turn. And so I'm not shocked at his response on this thread. Simply amazing to me how some peoples brains work, simply amazing. And no Steve, I will not reply to any of your flaming attacks! But feel free to flame-on to vent your pent up acrimony. Can you say, karma?

Lane

Reply to
Just Me

Listen you moron, you're the one that asked for a replay, providing less than enough information so you could get a viable answer. You remind me of a little kid with a hammer, and everything is a nail that needs to be hit.

I did my best to provide you with a guideline, based on my years of running a machine shop with manual machines. I did that not knowing if you wanted four, five,six, or 19 flutes on your proposed project, and I did it politely. I even proposed some viable solutions to your problem, in spite of the fact that you're so damned numb that you plain *don't get it*.

You didn't like the feedback you got so you want to crucify the messenger? I'm going to do something for you that I almost never do. I'm going to plonk you, so I don't have to read anymore of your moronic comments. Hell, I didn't even plonk ol' Cliff. Does that tell you how little I think of you and your bone-headedness? The guy that said no good deed goes unpunished had it right, didn't he.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Thanks, Lane. I didn't remember that, but it helps explain that some folks simply can't accept the fact that their approach to a project goes against convention--------and they have to be right, no matter how wrong they are. I'm done with this issue and don't intend to spend anymore of my time arguing. What's the saying? Never argue with a moron? Some folks can't tell the difference? Yeah, that's it.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Imagination is a wonderful thing. Too bad its not transferable from person to person.

Think of a nubile mid 20s girl in a tiny string bikini.

Do you think the one I think of looks identical to yours?

Do we even have our girls with the same hair color, let along boob sizes?

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

32 finish or 8 finish? And do you want it +/.0005 or +/- .005 in each dimension?

Are all features to be parallel, and by how much? Can you live with .001 taper, or do they need to be parallel to within .0005 over 12"?

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Actually Steve..we are thinking like machinists. Its what we do.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Why didnt you say so in the first place? You are getting closer to specifying what you need.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

No one could give him an educated ball park estimate based on his discription. He in effect put the question out.."how high is up?"

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

No sweat. Just kidding with ya. :-)

Reply to
Artemia Salina

Oh dont get me wrong..these pieces could be made by viturally any machinist, if you give him a print and tell him you want them made as cheap as possible and you dont care about tolerances. And you bring either a case of soft drinks, donuts or a bottle of Glen Whatever .

Chuckle

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

"SteveB" wrote in news:%RUFe.51862$4o.49804@fed1read06:

Without a print to look at, even a wild-assed guess would be out of the ballpark. Too many variables undefined.

Reply to
Anthony

Hmmmmmmm

eloquently

shocked at

He's also the guy who says " I hate words like always ........ never ........... probably ........... should ............ ".

Then he cries about people asking for more details and not just giving him a SWAG.

Reply to
Rick

For the folks here, it's a matter of honor. I know it sounds silly, but if I say "I can build the gizmo for ten bucks" then that's a handshake contract and I've gotta make good on it, no matter what. The price *is* the offer, you need to understand that.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

There are some very experienced people that hang out here. I personally know some of them and I have learned to value the opinion of many others by reading there posts here.

I would bet that if you managed to get 5 people here to build your item based on your description, they would all look different. The number of flute would varry from 4-20. The width of the flutes would vary and so would the end radius and where the flute started and stopped. You may or may not like what you get. They want a print so they have a reasonable chance of creating what you want without doing it 10 times. Many have tried to make something to please a customer with limited info only to have it rejected and now everybody is unhappy. Try looking at it from their perspective. chuck

Reply to
Chuck Sherwood

"Gunner" wrote

Oh, I don't know, Gunner. You answered me, and I totally understood what you were saying. (which is a little scary) You spoke to me, and not down to me.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"Just Me" wrote

Can you

Karma.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Harold, you are not following this very well, are you? I was talking to Marc, and then you chimed in. I was responding to when Marc asked a totally silly question about the style of column, presumably touting his knowledge of architectural history. Then YOU chimed in from the peanut gallery, and I answered you just as I would anyone who butted into a conversation.

PLEASE try to keep up.

Sheesh!

Steve

Reply to