How to fold a bandsaw blade

As a unit of measure, a "chain" may be what you say. Surveyors do not use "chain" that way - they use it as the name of a measuring device. Or they used to, with the widespread use of lasers there are probably not many surveyors left who even know what a chain (tape) is.

Bob (son & brother of surveyors)

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but steamer wrote on

16 May 2007 21:05:23 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

You "run"? That shows bad planning. One need merely to toss it, so that it uncoils and lays at your feet. (this does depend on the size of the blade, though. Doing this with a 4 in blade some twenty feet long requires a good eye, nerves of steel, buns of bronze and t*ts of titanium.) Then you pick it up, and turn to install it in the bandsaw.

But the true Master of the Skill know that the best and easiest way to get this done, is to have Someone Else do It. But it seems that You are also known as Someone Else.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I always just turned the crank and wound it into the purpose built holder, in fact, I may take the non inventory one down in the shop,out onto the boulevard and see if I can figure out what you are talking about. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Yer talkin bout a Gunter's chain, which went out of use many years ago here in modern canajin areas. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Those are for the bandsaw on the other side of the room.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell