How to turn my car into a tank ?

Bulletproof both the driver and the gunner. Few people will shoot at you when they are looking down the barrel of a belt fed .30. One machine gun is a lot cheaper than a ton of kevlar vests.

Reply to
Nick Hull

MaDuce is much better

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

Too heavy, I'd go for the MG-3.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

mmm Lexan. Tasty.

Reply to
David

How about a Duster? Now there is intimidation......

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

That is a Ned Kelly original idea.

Wouldn't it be much easier to buy a military surplus APC ? Already comes with gun mounts Alan in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8 VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address

Reply to
alan200

Oh man! You ain't kidding.

link needs to be posted on the survivalist lists right away! :-)

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

Just now I'm watcing (on BBC2) "Crafty tricks of war" episode 6/6. The first part of this was about armoring a car, to make it resist small arms fire. Looked just out of the A team it did.

The result resisted small arms fire, up to 9mm machine-gun fire, and remained drivable. (visibility sucked, as it used a peephole)

I have no idea if it will be shown on US TV.

The series has covered everything from the Great Panjandrum, to floating bridges, to simulating harbours at night, making stealth boats, ...

Recommended.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Heh, heh...trying to regain a toehold in the US car market again, are we?

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well the result handled just like an American car!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales

John.LloydUNSPAM

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:30:34 GMT, Gunner brought forth from the murky depths:

You misspelled "humiliation" there, Gunner.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:12:19 GMT, "wmbjk" brought forth from the murky depths:

Article Not Available The article you want has been archived.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Try this one

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

ROFLMAO... wrong Duster

Also known as the Quad 50.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

...an armored car...

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:37:41 GMT, Gunner brought forth from the murky depths:

Oops! Hey, _that's_ not yo mama's Plymouth!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

... with a steel hot-air balloon inside of it ...

Actually, Mr. T could've just dropped all of that gold jewelery he wore on the bad guys.

Reply to
Artemia Salina

Those guys had to be stopped lest they show up the imbecile factor in "Monster Garage" and "Junkyard Mega Wars" among others. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Wow, that was like every episode of the A-Team.. I just loved seeing Mr. T breaking out the torch and welding some steel on to an el-camino.

Reply to
ED

That is a beauty! BIG BIG GLOAT - Engineman1 and I among a few others were honored to visit a very private home collection last weekend. The world's - read that the worlds largest TANK collection. All restored and indoors. I forget the count, but it was over 250! I managed to take 55 pictures myself and think more could have been - but between the group and the 'lecturer' we were mostly at hand.

The owner, has them shipped in and has models from day one to the latest, but not the US latest that is still secret in many respects.

It was a way cool way to spend time with other metal working friends (local club)!

Oh yea - they had a lathe, 72 ton hoist moving H frame crane - to take the tanks apart.

Each is stripped down, cleaned and repaired / replaced on re-build.

Some of that metal is something else.

:-))))

Mart> >

"loyalty" and "duty."