How to turn my car into a tank ?

Martin,

I have a feeling my brother was given a chance to see the same collection of which you speak. From the descriptions he gave me like "so many across and so many rows deep", and multiple groups, it was tough to believe. My brother is known for understating things, too. Located a bit north from your place, if my guess is right. I was supposed to go with him when he got his chance, but some rescheduling at the other end mucked it. The shop and garage area sounded quite the dream also.

michael

Reply to
michael

Did he say what happened with the scud missile issue?

Joel. phx

"loyalty" and "duty."

fast! You may possibly

Reply to
Joel. Corwith. Phx.

That is raised on a lift - normal big Soviet type truck. The missile isn't inside any more - just like the cannons, tank guns, machine guns and the like. Statements were made it was much more difficult to bring in stuff - but when one knows exactly what the various agencies are looking for and what docs are needed -

- here is one - have pictures of what might have been used as an option or near it or modified one - not that this has one or had one - just so they can check it out. I think some of this is education for the inspector as they are the short timer in all of this...

but it is all rebuilt, rewelded and in the case of tanks - pressing the central area back to normal or having another bulkhead or such made in a local shop. I understand there are 5 full time workers there - some fine personal collection.

Sadly, I feel it was a once in a lifetime trip. Thankful I got in, and he was willing enough to let it happen - shame it isn't more open.

But then I don't open my toy box for just any joe or henry that walks down the street!

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn