Idea for emachine shop

Copy of email to emachineshop.com:

----------------------------- Subj: Write my own job description.... Date: 7/1/05 7:18:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time From: DGoncz To: snipped-for-privacy@emachineshop.com

Hi!

I've got 19 years of experience as a self-employed experimental machinist and an A.A.S. in mechanical engineering technology. My concentration was CAD/CAM and in class we programmed a LISP-like language in Autocad, and a similar language in VersaCAD.

I assert that your CTO has made a terrible mistake and you should be solving your software problem in a much more general way. Loosen up on the proprietary thinking, I say, and program a suitable Autodesk software package to do what you want.

As this proposal is fact based, I cannot assert a proprietary right to its development. However, if you'd like somebody to change your platform to Autocad, so that you can be the king of shop-specific freely distributed software, please call me. You see, Autodesk already has time-limited licensing in place. It would be trivial to download Autodesk software limited to say, an hour, a day, or a week of use. If a job were submitted for pay, you could relicense the customer's software for, say, twice as long as the original period. That way, you'd have fewer of us using your software for general CAD.

From the site:

"Can I use the CAD software for other purposes? Yes, our software offers an excellent free CAD drawing ability useful for a variety of purposes from laying out a landscape to home construction."

I ask you, does word of mouth advertising from free CAD drawing really add to your profit picture?

Development would be conducted on a computer isolated from the Internet, most likely. I have one available.

Yours,

Doug Goncz Replikon Research Falls Church, VA 22044-0394

How does this sound? Business methods are patentable, but reduction to practice is complex for this mix of CAD, CAM, and pricing. I really want to do this.

Doug

Reply to
DGoncz