inch sized sealed bearings?

Sealed ball bearings in metric sizes are common enough ("2RS" type).
Can imperial sizes also be had with built-in seals?
Jordan
Reply to
Jordan
Yes though they tend to run a little more than there metric equivalents.
There's even some out there with metric outside and inch inside.
Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX
Wayne Cook
Yes. What size are you looking for? I also see these called -2Z or -ZZ.
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
There are a few. Lawnmowers commonly used them in years past. - - Rex Burkheimer WM Automotive Fort Worth TX
Jordan wrote:
Reply to
Rex B
i can look into my pile of new old stock bearings if you need something specific.
Ignoramus16317
I use "Nice" inch bearings.

Tom Gardner
Yes - inch dimension bearings are available in a variety of sizes though they are not as common (and may be harder to find) as metric. Best bet is to check with your local bearing distributor.
Reply to
Tom
Thanks, I'm glad they're available. I need to check the actual size needed.
By the way, do USA makers use names like "RLS-6", which is how the British describe a 3/4"ID x 1-7/8"OD x 9/16"W bearing (as an example)?
If different nomenclature is used, is there a conversion table somewhere? I can't find one.
Jordan
Reply to
Jordan