Intercon weld-on hinge

A while back somebody asked about weld-on hinges, and I recommended the hinges available at McMaster-Carr and locally in SoCal at Cameron Welding.

The other day I was at Cameron and there was a brochure showing the hinges. The ones I like are Intercon weld-on, see

Has anybody else used these? I am about to make another two gates using them and would like to hear opinions if you have them. Thanks.

Reply to
frank

I've used 'em on a couple of gates.

They work very well and have a nice clean look on the finished piece.

If you do use them, be sure to GREASE THE PIN BEFORE WELDING. Unlike leaf hinges, your weld is almost on the barrel and the heat and warpage can freeze the pin. Don't ask me how I know this.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman