Is there an "OWWM" for METALWORKING?

is a fantastic resource... if you're looking for
woodworking tools. Is there an equivalent (or even close?) for older
metalworking machines?
Thanks in advance...
Reply to
Max Krippler
Pete Bergstrom
Is it just me or has the manual section been down for some time on there? OWWM helped me out greatly by having the manual for my old craftsman drillpress.
Reply to
marc.britten
I've never seen a comprehensive site for MW, although there are a lot of brochures, manuals, pictures, and restoration stories posted in various areas. Some on personal web sites, a few hobbyist/pro forum-type web sites, and a bunch of manufacturer-specific Yahoo groups. The Practical Machinist web site has a section for old manuals and brochures as does the Metal Illness site. Metal Web News has a section for manuals/brochures and you'll find a couple of my submissions there plus a few from others.
The UK lathes site is better resource for a quick overview of manuacturers past offerings than OWWM, but manuals and/or brochures are provided on a fee basis.
Setting up something like OWWM would be a lot of work and it would probably be tough to find someone willing to host and maintain a similar site for MW tools.
Mike
Reply to
Mike Henry
I could host and maintain the site, but I'm not a web designer. And we'd have to get Gunner to photograph everything in his collection.
Mike Henry wrote:
Reply to
Mike Berger
Nor am I, other than a little fiddling with my own site. Perhaps someone with an artistic mind and the skill to take advantage of it will step forward.
It would probably take many hundreds of MB to archive everything that might be contributed and the bandwidth to make it available at reasonable speeds. Perhaps if some one out there has managed a similar type of site, they could comment on what sort of resources might be needed and what level of effort might be required to design it, set it up, and manage it.
Reply to
Mike Henry