Kudos to McMaster-Carr in yet another category

Their selection and order turnaround are legendary, of course.
Add technical support to the list.
Had a little problem last night with a Web order and sent an email. The
young lady who called me back this morning (reached me on her *third* try) was both sweetly polite and knowledgeable. She didn't know my browser (Firefox) but knew enough about how their Web order page was programmed to tell me which JavaScript operations need to be permitted.
First-level responder results: problem solved, customer loyalty cemented.
--
Fred R
"It doesn't really take all kinds; there just *are* all kinds".
Fred R wrote:

I have to select items from the McMaster catalog at work, they are one of our "preferred providers" or whatever the buz-word for this month is, so we buy alot of our supplies from them. The "main pain" I have with their catalog is that you never have any idea what brand or specific model of that brand the products are. In most cases what I'm looking for is a replacement for what I have in my hand, a part that came off of whatever I'm attempting to fix. It would be nice to know that when I get the part it will be the same size with bolt holes in the same place etc.
Tom
-
Fred R wrote:

I myself am often critical of websites and especially "Catalogs on the web" and their MISUSE of the many technologies that make it possible.
But the McMaster-Carr website is the most singularly wonderful catalog resource on the web. All content, no hype. Don't get me wrong, some of their competition does better than average too (e.g. MSC, Digikey, etc.) But what McMaster-Carr has done with their web technology, in terms of making my life easier, is astoundingly and exceptionally good. And my computer weighs less than their print catalog, too :-).
Tim.