Leisure Things for Lively Youngsters by TJS Rowland

I enjoyed this book when I was about 10 years old, over 50 years ago, and recently bought a copy via eBay. It has a substantial metal-working content - soldering, riveting, making toys from old tin cans, etc. The illustrations are great fun - hand-drawn, with little matchstick figures.

Here is one of the pages:

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:29:18 +0100, "Leon Heller" calmly ranted:

Man, that's a really, really old one. It assumes that cans were actually made out of _tin_ and were thick enough to work with.

Kids: Don't try this at home with aloonimum cans.

------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques

Lyle's Golden Syrup still comes in steel cans with press in steel lids. 8-)

I very much doubt if kids today would be interested in any that stuff.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller