Model railway buffs invite youngsters on board

Aberdeen Press and Journal
31st December 2009
" A LONG-RUNNING model railway club in Moray has announced an ambitious plan to bring younger members on board. "
http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1530405?UserKey

How do they get a 26' x 10' layout into 35 sq ft?
--
Martin S.

buy a modellers licence and scale the layout down :-] I think my Bathroom is bigger than 35 sq ft Simon G

I think they meant they wanted to double the space to 700 sq ft, not 70.
--
Martin S.

This way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVeORvtkb0

LOL! And you think London or New York is bad?
--
Martin S.

I'm thinking the Japanese must be a lot more sturdy than they look!

I did not think they do that any more ?
They have reassigned the 'pushers on' as 'pullers off' for H & S !
Errr 35 members in 35 sq. ft I don't think so. Must be 350 sq. ft ?
Or the clubhouse has TARDIS qualities :-)
Chris

I did not think they do that any more ?
They have reassigned the 'pushers on' as 'pullers off' for H & S !
Errr 35 members in 35 sq. ft I don't think so. Must be 350 sq. ft ?
Or the clubhouse has TARDIS qualities :-)
Chris

The white glove industry in Japan must be huge. Every transport employee, including drivers, seems to wear them. Plus many other people in service occupations, I assume.
In that particular video, the pushers seems to be serving no useful purpose and are indeed reducing capacity by delaying the train.
--
Martin S.

And the surgical masks ...

That's why Japanese trains are so fast!