British Railway Modellers of Australia 2011 Convention - Sydney

The British Railway Modellers of Australia

2011 ANNUAL CONVENTION - SYDNEY

7 - 9 October 2011

Every year, the British Railway Modellers of Australia (BRMA) hold an annual Convention in one of the states or territories. In 2011 it is Sydney's turn to hold the Convention.

The Convention will run from Friday 7 to Sunday 9 October 2011 - the weekend after the New South Wales Labor Day long weekend.

It will be based in Sydney's Northern suburbs, at North Ryde RSL Community Club, corner Pittwater and Magdala Roads, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia.

The club is 2 minutes from the M2 Hills Motorway and the Lane Cove Tunnel,

20 minutes from the Sydney CBD and 30 minutes from Sydney Airport. There are good bus connections to Pittwater Road, and North Ryde CityRail station is about 10 minutes' walk away.

The Convention is open to all - you do not have to be a BRMA member to attend. Of course, if you enjoy yourself we hope you will join us!

PROGRAMME

On Friday afternoon 7 October there will be some short workshops and clinics, with an informal social evening to follow.

The Convention proper is on Saturday 8 October and will include talks and presentations from BRMA members and guest speakers, including our special guest Simon Kohler, Hornby Marketing Manager - Railways.

There is a modelling competition for members, a bring-and-buy stall and some trade stands where you can buy kits, parts, bits and pieces.

We plan to run a ladies' tour, which will cover a number of places of interest in the Sydney area.

On Saturday evening there is a gala dinner, which includes the prizegiving for the modelling competition and an after-dinner speech by a distinguished personality from the legal world who is also passionate about trams and trains.

Finally, on Sunday morning there is a tour of members' model railway layouts in the Northern and North-Western suburbs of Sydney, which ends with a BBQ lunch.

ACCOMMODATION

There is a wide range of accommodation within a few minutes of North Ryde RSL Club, ranging from 4-star hotels, through motels and guesthouses, to camping and caravan sites.

FURTHER INFORMATION

Full details of the Convention and a registration form are on the BRMA website

If you have any specific questions please contact John Nuttall at

snipped-for-privacy@optusnet.com.au

We hope some of you will be able to join us.

Thanks.

Regards

John

Reply to
John Nuttall

Hello John You may remember me from very early Engineering Link days at Tech Centre in Derby. TEL are holding a reunion in May this year, Dave Grahl and Adrian Featherstone along with Alan James are doing the organizing I am one of the chasers of info.

I know you will not be able to attend but we hope we can contact everyone from those days to let them know.

If you are John Nuttall can you please reply and we will send you an invite.

Regards Roger Paulson

Reply to
repton63