Heljan RTR Garratt

Hattons are listing a RTR LMS Garratt to be made by Heljan.

That should raise a few eyebrows.Price looks good to me.

Neil.

Reply to
mumbles

12 variations, too, LMS and BR from pristine to heavily weathered.

Can't wait for the photos.

Reply to
MartinS

Heljan have had a lot of technical problems with steam model locomotives in H0 made for the Danish market. A large nmber have been delivered to the costumers with severe faults such as wobbling or binding driving wheels and models that cannot stay on decent track.. So beware!

Reply to
Erik Olsen

Perhaps Heljan should do a model of DSB's IC4...?

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Get a kit, within 2 months out comes an RTR - still mine a lot cheaper.

Must admit am amazed, no fanfare, quietly appears. Not exactly a common loco, very expensive at a time when lots of us cant spend. Very brave is all I can say.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Apparently the official anouncement is due this wednesday.

neil.

Reply to
mumbles

I have just had an email from Hattons to say the heavily weathered version, that I have on order, will be delivered some time after Nov

1st.
Reply to
Sutartsorric

If they keep to the price and don't compromise on quality will be impressed. Don't understand the pricing logic of other companies at the moment.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

The email gives the price as £199 which I think was the price I ordered at, but it is so long ago now that I have forgotten.

I think some companies are making wild announcements and then cancelling certain projects if dealer orders do not materialise in sufficient numbers. This is a shame, if it is really true, because it puts pressure on purchasers to commit themselves through pre-ordering before they have even seen the detail standard of the model they are purchasing.

Reply to
Sutartsorric

In message , Sutartsorric writes

It is the same price as they were first offered for pre-order at (August

2011).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

The importers can't afford to commission production of a model if there are insufficient orders to amortise the tooling and generate a reasonable profit. The trend to pre-ordering will continue. The main driver IMO is our insistence that we get accurate models, not just of a given model, but of its many variations.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

A reply after seven months to a thread started over two years ago!

The model is still on Hatton's website for pre-order at £199.

Reply to
MartinS

I have recently recently received an Email from Hattons advising that delivery is expected "early in the New Year" and that they hope to provide a more accurate delivery forecast "soon". Hope this helps,

David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

On 2013-11-13 4:09 PM, MartinS wrote: [...]

IOW, they haven't quite enough pre-orders yet.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Yes. I have had that email as well.

I am quite pleased in a way, as it will not coincide with Christmas; and my council tax DD stops for two months after the new year, so I might just be able to afford it without SWMBO becoming suspicious.

Reply to
sutartsorric

I still have chance to finish my kit one before theres is out, then see if anyone willing to buy me LMS twins for xmas. Want 10000 in black so looks as if will have to get both.

CHeers, Simon

Reply to
simon

It seems a good way to get a model manufactured is start a kit, I've had a Harrow models Metropolitan electric stored away since before the shop closed. Last week I week I actually assembled it, this week Heljan announce they are going to make one. As for early diesels I must put my name on Kernows list for one the Southern ones.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me sadly. I've been building my J21 and C7 for a few years. Maybe my trigger is finishing a kit? ;-)

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

It appears that Hattons have the LMS liveried versions in stock,

sutty

Not the version I have ordered, but good to know. Thanks.

Reply to
Riddles